ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, do you need the sticker on the door sill? the one with vin, manufactring date and what not?

In the process of sanding and primging the car, iv taped them before, and that never worked so great. So in reality, do you really need it legaly? As long as you have the dash and of course the vin in the bay I wouldnt see it beeing a problem .Wanted to check if anyone here knew though..

·
Registered
716 Posts
No reason to keep them besides authentication of the car (ie: not replacement panels from a crash), and to track parts if the car gets ripped off and parted out. I'm a bit inclined to keep them due to item 1, but number 2 is unlikely to happen (or help).

I'd use painters tape over the vin tags, and cut out around them with an exacto-knife.

·
Registered
747 Posts
In NJ they scan the tag when you get the car inspected. Does NM even have inspections?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In NJ they scan the tag when you get the car inspected. Does NM even have inspections?
No, no inspections what so ever. When you go for inspection, they look at the vin on the dash and as long as it matches the title your all set.

Iv doen the painters tape method on my civic and it pulled the ink off the sticker. I know of using petroleum jelly but never done it.

Problem with being ocd, is if I see the green paint next to the black. It will bug the crap out of me.

·
Registered
586 Posts
No, no inspections what so ever. When you go for inspection, they look at the vin on the dash and as long as it matches the title your all set.

Iv doen the painters tape method on my civic and it pulled the ink off the sticker. I know of using petroleum jelly but never done it.

Problem with being ocd, is if I see the green paint next to the black. It will bug the crap out of me.
Just cover it with a nice coat of petroleum jelly and then wipe it off in the end.

·
Registered
904 Posts
If it were any other color I'd say who cares. A nice brg on the other hand is pretty assume. Then again I don't know what the condition the rest of the car is in. Might not even be worth worrying about.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it were any other color I'd say who cares. A nice brg on the other hand is pretty assume. Then again I don't know what the condition the rest of the car is in. Might not even be worth worrying about.

When I bought it , its hard to make out everything but there are deep scratches everywhere, looks like a dog had been jumping all over it. Probbaly the same dog that ate the seats :fp:

As it sits right now, minus the light; it is now dark outside. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
904 Posts
I take it back. You rescued that car from some whacked form of automobile hell. Why not paint it something a bit different? I mean my car is black, and its great but given the choice why not do something else?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yah I really dont know, one minute im working on it thinking this is going to be awesome black. Then I sit down and think well any other color would be nice as well.

I really dont know, I cant decide...Id like to do something different. In all honesty Miatas look great in any color, thats coming from a miata lover though lol Iv thought red, maybe a bright green. Just want something that will flow with the style im going to be going for.

EDIT:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Then again, dont want something that will stick out like crazy.

Also somehting not crazy expensive.
White, silver, black, red..

Royal blue?

I can image the car exactly the way I want it to be, just not in different colors. :|

·
Registered
904 Posts
Royal blue could be cool. There are SO many red miatas already unless you go with something like copper red. I was always a fan of mazda's lava orange too.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
despite its condition, you are willing to pay for a full and complete paint job, right?
i'd spray it some color a miata has never been before

1 - 20 of 25 Posts