ClubRoadster.net banner

241 - 260 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
-Buy the V8R subframe sans mounts and make custom ones.
-Input shaft is like 1cm or something. The Mazdatrix link will show it.

13B bellhousing and V8R subframe allows the use of the PPF and gets everything really low but I ended up having to chop up the tranny tunnel to fit the shift fork.

I will get some pictures of the work at some point and post them up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Back from the dead! Car is almost ready. Needs some chassis wiring and a tune. This project has taken so long and I have regretted doing it so many times. It's so close now. Someone give me some ambition to finish it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Back from the dead! Car is almost ready. Needs some chassis wiring and a tune. This project has taken so long and I have regretted doing it so many times. It's so close now. Someone give me some ambition to finish it.
Very glad to hear it hasn't wasted away. When I need motivation to work on mine I hit up YouTube and watch videos of the other rotary Miata's. Can't wait to see to see some videos of yours in action.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not really. Been cold and crappy out and the car is outside. Put the car up on stands last night, wired my starter and stuck a O2 sensor in the hole in my exhaust. Hoping to fit the rest of my wiring harness, drain my gas tank and maybe crank the engine to get some fluids moving this weekend. Started and Idling sometime after that when I have time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
One thing you can do to save space in the cramped engine bay is to go with the LS2 coils with the built in ignitors. They are substantially smaller than the monster sized stock coils. The only issue is you would need to be able to control dwell on the coils to get the most bang for the buck. Here's how I mounted mine when I installed them last weekend:

They tuck nicely in the stock REW mounting location under the intake:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Controlling the dwell on LS truck coils should be easy since anyone with half a brain doing this swap will run a stand alone.

<- didnt read anything but the last page of the thread.

241 - 260 of 284 Posts