ClubRoadster.net banner

121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Ooo, thats a nice shot. Thanks Rob.

Love the tial BOV in that shot. Get some up to date pics of everything, I wanna see the turbo too.
Yeah, I need to do that sometime soon. The 240 has been taking all my attention though.

On a side note, stupid photobucket.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #124 (Edited)
Random pics of the 240sx swap.

Motor pulled from the mustang in the middle of the night during a downpour. I told myself earlier in the week, I don't care what the weather is like, I'm going to have the motor out by that day...

IMG_1325 by Stang1282, on Flickr

Install into the car. Alot happened before this, rust repair, stitch welding the strut towers and frame rails, smashing of the trans tunnel. No pics tho.

IMG_1385 by Stang1282, on Flickr

Intake manifold on, radiator in and various mounts made. No way in hell was the motor fitting under the hood.

IMG_1423 by Stang1282, on Flickr

Had to do something about an exhaust because a normal mustang h-pipe hung about 4 inches below the frame rails. So I took the h-pipe from the mustang and cut out a few inches from each side, separated the two pipes and welded up the holes from the crossover. Bought some 45* bend sections from ebay and a 2-1 collector from jegs.

under car by Stang1282, on Flickr

IMG_1417 by Stang1282, on Flickr

Then I had an old subaru exhaust I got for free, BPM Twister II, one of the loudest subaru exhausts made and adapted it into the rest of the exhaust.

IMG_1420 by Stang1282, on Flickr

IMG_1419 by Stang1282, on Flickr

Sits pretty well out back.

IMG_1421 by Stang1282, on Flickr

Random other stuff. Ordered some turn signals.

IMG_1412 by Stang1282, on Flickr

And had a driveshaft made by a local shop

IMG_1406 by Stang1282, on Flickr

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
Got this massive front swaybar to clear my baffled and widened oil pan. Some of the holes I had to make in the hood can be seen at the top of the pic.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/9878934746/]
swaybar by Stang1282, on Flickr[/URL]

Found a set of wheels and tires, Kosei Snipers, for sale for cheap, $150, installed some aerocatches since the car had no hood latch, and put a reverse scoop, cowl, whatever from a 85ish mustang over the holes I had to cut.

IMG_1455 by Stang1282, on Flickr

Did all the wiring but no pics of that. Who would want to see that anyways. Wiring hell.

Fired it up with minimal issues (car blew the ecu relay) and took it on its first drive for gas.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/9878935646/]
gas station by Stang1282, on Flickr[/URL]

IMG_1460 by Stang1282, on Flickr

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Bought a set of 18x8.5/18x9.5 work eurolines for a decent price.

eurolines by Stang1282, on Flickr

And loaded up for my first drift event. Had no idea how the car was going to do (or myself for that matter) but I wasn't going to go underprepared.
Nice thing about 240s is you can fit a whole lotta stuff in them. 8 wheels + tires and 2 unmounted tires, tools, extra fluids, food, etc.

IMG_1474 by Stang1282, on Flickr

IMG_1477 by Stang1282, on Flickr

Did ok for my first time but some issues arose that made me have to stop after every run. The car would run at 210* and then after a single run would peak at about 220-230*. Thank god for cast iron block and heads.

IMG_1482 by Stang1282, on Flickr

The goal for this car was to have it ready for this event. So some shortcuts had to be made here and there, like intake location, good brakes, ebrake, etc. From start to drifting was about 1.5 months with the car outside during one of the shittiest, rainiest springs I can remember.

So after the event I got to work on keeping it cool. Relocated the battery to the trunk so the intake had an actual place to pull air from, cut the hole in the hood as big as it would go, got a shroud for the electric fans so they weren't just bolted straight to the radiator and tried my hand at making some cooling panels for in front of the radiator.

IMG_1484 by Stang1282, on Flickr

And a shot of the cooling panels.

IMG_1518 by Stang1282, on Flickr

And I ditched the 195* stock thermostat for a 180* piece and hooked up the heater core (had it bypassed before). The car now runs rock solid at 185-190. I'm assuming the thermostat was the biggest contributor but the other stuff couldn't hurt either.

And here I am right now. I bought some 180sx kouki taillights from Thailand.

Untitled by Stang1282, on Flickr

And heres a random video (or 2 if I can find them) of how the car sounds.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
And here's a couple of other crappy videos.

The first is one of the first startups of the car.
http://vimeo.com/69711039

And the second is one of the drift runs. It was my first time drifting so I was trying to work on individual corners instead of linking up drifts. Hopefully that'll come during the next event.

http://vimeo.com/72791447

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
So some random updates to the nisstang project.

The front fenders were beat from previous owner drifting and looked pretty bad.
The drivers side lip was pretty much torn out and worn to a sharp edge.

D_fender bad by Stang1282, on Flickr

And the passenger side had a few dents and scrapes and was starting to tear through.

P_Fender bad by Stang1282, on Flickr

And the drivers side door had some nice dents from when a tree fell and caught the side of the car a little bit.

D_door bad by Stang1282, on Flickr

So I kept an eye out and managed to find a junkyard parting a white 240 with good fenders and a good drivers door so I jumped on it.

Mid parts swap

no_door by Stang1282, on Flickr

And finished product. Excuse the terrible cell phone pic. It overexposed for some reason.

fixedish by Stang1282, on Flickr

The only unfortunate thing is, the panels were a sort of pearl white so I get to add yet another random shade of white to the car.

And then these showed up...

aero by Stang1282, on Flickr

And the latest project. The trans I had in the car was in rough shape. It whined, ate driveshaft yokes (tailshaft bushing was worn), chattered, etc. I didn't dare drift in 3rd since it was so noisy but I was topping out 2nd most of the time at the track so I really need to be able to use 3rd for next year. So I picked this up and will be swapping it this weekend. The old trans is already out.

trans by Stang1282, on Flickr

Fresh rebuilt World Class t-5 out of an early 90s mustang (strongest version aside from a t-5z.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I never took a pic of this pre installed but here's a quick shot of the skidplate on the car. Pretty beefy piece which just barely clears the pan. Definitely gives some extra confidence that I won't smash anything without trying hard at it.

skidplate by Stang1282, on Flickr

And I picked up a set of s13 turn signals for the aero.

signals by Stang1282, on Flickr

Started test fitting parts. Threw the skirts on to see how much I need to work on them. They're tight and straining the corners in the front and rear of the skirts, but no cutting needed so far. Theres some high spots where the door rubs that I'm going to have to knock down or else theres no way paint will survive for more than a day. Otherwise, I'm happy with the way they look.

240_skirts by Stang1282, on Flickr

And then I threw the turn signals into the bumper to see how they'd look.

240_bumper by Stang1282, on Flickr

Spraybombed the skirts with some duplicolor and threw them on. Not bad for rattlecan.

nisstang_skirts_pass by Stang1282, on Flickr

nisstang_skirts_driver by Stang1282, on Flickr

I got to test fitting the rear bumper which wasn't too bad. Just some minor sanding at the top corners.

Painted my bumper and threw it on last saturday before the snow got too bad.

And finally, I placed the order for a pair of Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 170 heads with 61cc combustion chambers. Should make for a good power increase and weight reduction. 25lbs each vs the stock cast iron heads at 50 lbs each.

They won't be going on for a little while though. I need to get some new stud mount rocker arms (right now I have pedestal mount 1.72 arms), headgaskets, pushrods, head bolts or studs...etc, etc.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Fantastic job on the '95 M, Dragula! The Miata has gone thru quit a transformation. Sweet 240 as well! :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
On the miata, the works are 15*8.5 both front and rear? What Size tires? Did you have to roll and pull?

Thanks
Yeah, 15x8.5 front and rear with 195/50-15 tires front and rear. The offsets are slightly different front and rear as well as different face types front and rear (a-disk front, o-disk rear). I already had a roll from when I had the rotas and a slight magazine pull just to give me a hair more space.

Saw this car at h20 so sweet can't wait to see what's next ; the 240 is coming out blazin also
Thanks. I have absolutely no idea whats next. I've been pretty happy with the way it is right now (aside for maybe some more tweaking of the fueling) so I've been focusing on the 240 alot lately. Looking forward to next years h2o too. This one was my first and now I'm pretty hooked.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yeah, 15x8.5 front and rear with 195/50-15 tires front and rear. The offsets are slightly different front and rear as well as different face types front and rear (a-disk front, o-disk rear). I already had a roll from when I had the rotas and a slight magazine pull just to give me a hair more space.

Thanks. I have absolutely no idea whats next. I've been pretty happy with the way it is right now (aside for maybe some more tweaking of the fueling) so I've been focusing on the 240 alot lately. Looking forward to next years h2o too. This one was my first and now I'm pretty hooked.
bring the 240 to h2o :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Haven't updated in a while but not from lack of mods.

The aluminum heads I ordered before christmas.

About 25 lbs each less than the stock heads and muuuch bigger valves. Plus some fancy blue rocker arms.

So then I bought a house and moved the 240 over there so I could work on it during the winter. And a brutal winter it was.

Fully torn down.

And reassembly. Cleaning things up as I put things together. The old paint on the motor was pretty rough.

And back together.

I did some random upgrades while everything was apart too. Ported the intake a bit more. Got some new headers which fit the steering shaft better (without having to dent them), new valvecovers.

And I made up some mounts for the exhaust since before most of the exhaust weight hung from the headers and I didn't want to put too much stress on aluminum parts.

And I did a 5 lug conversion. Except I don't have much for 5 lug wheels available so I had to borrow from my STi and mounted up my summer wheels on the front along with some spacers.

The wheels are Prodrive (made by Rays) GC06H

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
During the winter I also painted up the front bumper. Rattlecan spraybombed, cleared, compounded and polished.

And since I didn't have a working speedometer, I sorta grafted one into the stock cluster.

So with the motor back together and some wheels on the car, I took it for a spin to see how it was. It got a bit louder.

And this weekend I finally got around to putting the painted front bumper on the car.

And then some artsy shots were taken.

And tonight I finally got my steering hub and threw my Nardi Deep Corn wheel in the car. No pics yet though.

121 - 140 of 166 Posts