ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Do you want people to see how good you really are?
Do you dream of crowds of fans cheering you on?
Do you think you have the skills to win?
COME FIND OUT!

March 18th, 2007 at the Orange Show Speedway in San Bernardino, CA.

Drift Buffet is proud to bring you professional style amateur drifting competition!

The Speedway features a 1/4 mile banked oval and newly-paved infield, complete concession and restroom facilities, car show area, vendor midway, and two 5000-spectator grandstands with permanent pressbox. This is a genuine spectator venue, and will draw fans and industry people from all over!

The competition format features two classes to accomodate the wide range of driver and vehicle preparation levels, and unique qualifying and competition formats to keep things fresh and competitive!

The current ruleset is available on the website, and as a PDF for download at http://www.driftbuffet.com/comprules.htm

Because this is the first competition of the season, all drivers will need to make a license attempt, but Provisional Licensing is NOT a popularity contest, and it is not intended to predict a driver's competitiveness. We are asking only that you demonstrate core competencies and skills to ensure that you will not endanger yourself or anyone else on the track. Provisional License testing will be done on-site.

If you do not pass the license test, you get a free practice day at any upcoming Drift Buffet practice/instructional event where our instructors will help you build the skills you need to compete safely!

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE CLASSIFICATIONS AND COMPETITION FORMATS BEFORE YOU REGISTER!

Driver registraion fee is $145 for license testing and qualifying. Register online at http://www.driftbuffet.com/registration.htm

Space is limited, so be sure to read the rules and register for the appropriate competition class now!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Drift Buffet Amateur Comp 3/18

OK here is a bump for local grass roots drift action!!!!

ANyone going to make it??

There are grand stands and its $10 to watch from 12 noon until its done.

Come support your local drifters!!!!!!

If you dont like me I may even hit the wall!!!

COme support!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I dont bro, they look cool on the post card, I think... I am no graphic pic kinda guy. I was just happy to be the guy on it LOL..

[email protected] is the guy to ask man...

-Jeff

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It's tomorrow!!

I hope to see some of you out supporting it!!

·
woah
6,858 Posts
i was there... supporting u and the 2 other miatas.. you're good...

i was hoping on joining but i need to get a roll cage on first... hopefully i can save enough for the next event.... open end or lsd, i just want to participate

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Word! I met that dude Sid. He was way cool. Just not big on the internet forum stuff.
He will be there again sometime I am sure..

·
3,857 Posts
Nice pictures Jeff
I also got a picture of my car drifting (I don't know how that happened :p)
Btw after the ProSolo I realized that my car is more prone to oversteer than what it should.
This might sound good for a drift event but it's not!
When my tires were getting hot it was difficult to correct the oversteer!
I think I'll get a front sway bar (you have one right?) and maybe washers that gives you more steering angle (do you have the link Jeff?)...

I had one clear run in the practice and in the championship I f*cked it :)

After seeing a couple of car getting totaled I think I might skip the next event championship event and just go to more practice days!

PS They were at lest four miatas one yellow that wasn't running and a silver one with an awesome bodykit!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts