ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been told that stiffer is better when it comes to drifting, and this makes sence to me. Ive been looking at springs, shocks, and coilovers on ebay for some time now and i am still undecided on which ones to purchace. If possible a low and/or high budget suggestion would be great! thanks (keep in mind that i'd like to drop it about an inch and it should be good for drifting)

·
Sequence Number 1280
3,051 Posts
not too much expertise on this, but my brother AsianALphA is using h&r race springs with kyb agx shocks... that setup new would run you around 5-600$.

megan racing coilovers might be the bang for the buck to use for drifting if you want a low budget coilover setup.

TeRRy

·
Registered
332 Posts
flyin miata springs are pretty stiff .. the rate are almost as stiff and tein basics' spring rate on their coil overs.. i have fm springs on mine and i love it

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I think full coilovers are a little overkill for the casual enthusiast. you can do great on good springs, shocks, and sways... stiff is good but your driving style should dictate what you need.

I like the front to skate, and I like to try to pivot around the shifter rather than the engine :) makes it more fun for me... so I choose agx full stiff all around, and 450/375 spring rate combo. makes street driving a little adventure to. lol

and the video I saw of asianalpha was incredible, makes me want to copy his setup and it looks sick!

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No i havent been to an event, but id like to go to one sometime. I dont know where they do drifting around here. another question.

Am i able to go with just a set of expensive high quality stiff springs with stock shocks, or are the aftermarket shocks a must have too?

Im not lookin to go pro, just goofin off around town.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Go to an event Yank..

I think the ground control deal rocks.

I have stance and I am happy.

Stiffer is not necessarily better either bro. Most pro are lightening there srpings rayes and counting on the dampening for better control and traction ect..
Now when I said that I didnt mean sloppy ass stock is ok ;)

-Jeff

·
Registered
146 Posts
i did sprint springs on stock shocks first, now i have springs and kyb agx. i like how the car handles and it was ok that the car improved with me but if i was to do it all over again i would go straight to coilovers. now i just need to blow my agx's so i can upgarade.

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So whats the importance of me going to an "event" good vendors, advice, entertainment..? I'd like to go to one but these country hicks here in Kentucky dont care about driftin'. Anyone know where i can go to find an "event"? Thanks for the advice about goin straight to coilovers. Its just what i needed to hear.

·
Registered
534 Posts
seat time is the most important thing, you'll learn way more on one drift event than months and months of fooling around on the streets

·
Registered
650 Posts
So whats the importance of me going to an "event" good vendors, advice, entertainment..? I'd like to go to one but these country hicks here in Kentucky dont care about driftin'. Anyone know where i can go to find an "event"? Thanks for the advice about goin straight to coilovers. Its just what i needed to hear.

www.dgtrials.com
www.southeastdrift.com
www.drift411.com
www.tractionoptional.com
www.driftmb.com

Learn to drive your car before throwing parts at it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think marty runs a set up like GC / Koni. I dont think its GC though :wink:

And what Marty said is exactly right..

I ran stock suspension for a long ass time..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts