ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats in waiting for you at the pub? Or in yer fridge! Me and my road dawg like the import beers, but then again, if its free, its for me!

PhatMiata

·
2,708 Posts
AWESOME!! Great name for the new hang-out, I'm glad I inspired it :)

Beer list:

Black-n-Tans

Blue Moon

Fat Tire

One dollar Pabts Blue Ribbon

Bass Ale

Pyramid seasonal Apricot Heff, I HATE fruity beers, but this heff just has enough Apricot flavor to make it awesome.

But for a hot day kicking back after working on the car or BBQ, nothing beats an ice-cold Corona. Nothing.

I stay away from Bud or MGD,ect unless it's free.

For hard licks, I enjoy Jack-n-Cokes. More Jack then Coke please.

Mojitos

Gin-n-tonics

Stoli-crans

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Well I live in THe Microbrew capital of the USA So there's a lot of beers to be snobby 'bout from 'round here. But my drink of choice is Okocim Porter from Poland. If that's not available I lurve me some Black Boss Porter, also from Poland (my heritage is showing) and Newcastle Brown. I Love Me some Unibroque too. For the Locals I like Black Butte Porter, Widmer Heffeweisen, Session Lager, Broken Halo IPA, Drop Top Amber. And for swillin' You can't beat PBR (I think Portlanders officially drink this more than we drink water).

·
Registered
489 Posts
Quality beer- New castle.

Crap, cheap, mess with your head beer- Steel Reserve.

Hahaha.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The beast beer

Sagres
Super Bock

They are Portuguese brand

Tuborg also great.

·
CR.net Supporter
293 Posts
AWESOME!! Great name for the new hang-out, I'm glad I inspired it :)
Props to ExHonda for the idea and getting the ball rolling! Then Phat for the wicked name!

I like Canadian beer. I used to live off Labatt Ice. Now I'll have a Labatt Blue every once in a while. Molson has these things called Cold Shots. They're in a Red Bull sized can and they're awfully smooth for its alcohol content. They're 6.5% or so. Drinking a couple two or three will get me buzzed and won't get me bloated.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,369 Posts
I'm a fan of:

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Sam Adams
Bass

Somehow I got hooked on Miller High Life...stuff tastes as close to urine as I can imagine, but I could still drink it.

In all honesty, I don't drink too much anymore. It was probably July since I last even touched a beer.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Since it rolls in the house for free on the weekends - Bud, but I usually prefer a darker Lager when I go out.

Private Stash - Jagermeister w/ Monster FTW!! Smirnof, Jack, Absolut are other favs.

Get me trippin' over myself - 151 :-&

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Amazing, likes for Newcastle Brown and Bass. Problem is, the stuff sold in the US is fake, export market rubbish. Yankee Bass and Newcastle Brown just doesn't taste proper. Bass for instance, is one of your typical Trent beers. The Trent being the Trent, that means the beers all have a slight sulfury smell (can be quite strong). Boddies, a bit of a kiddie beer really. Nice if they've got the taps adjusted to get a good head. Otherwise, a so-so beer. Great ads though
http://www.absolutelyandy.com/tvadv...uvuxluvlwie21i1il1il11/boddingtons_runner.wmv

I found it amusing that for the American market, Boddies is renamed "pub beer", presumably to appeal to Americans who have just got back from England on vacation.

Of the mass market beers, a well managed Tetleys or Pedigree hits the spot. Otherwise, I randomly choose the guest beers, but never touch a London beer. Up in Scotland, and its 80 Shilling. Makes no difference on the brand. You'll still end up on the floor. I rarely touch Lager beers.

American micro-brews; can be good, but I have yet to find one that is a proper cask-conditioned beer. Instead, they are all too gassy.

So, none of you are Carling Black Label fans :wink:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ummm beer kinda blows except for some reason I don't mind the most ******* **** of all, PABST BLUE RIBBON. lol not much flavor but eh. I prefer vodka to get the job done. I hate bud, lions head, natty, keystone, dogfishhead pale ale, any pretty much any other beer I've tried. I don't mind hard liquor though.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts