ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did my exhaust driver side exit. Its straight piped with 2" 3/4 piping. I cut the bumper cemetrical to the oem exhaust hole straight across. I was still planning to sell the car when i did this. But my cat was going bad and i had the exhaust laying around. So the reson for the rambiling is i chose not to cut the tow hook seeing as the new owner might not like that. If i could do it again i would cut the tow hook. Ok so it really drastic right now.

Remember "Measure twice cut once". I used a sawzall to cut the bumper. I use one every day at work so unless you are familar with the tool i dont advise using it. A die grinder or a dremal. Irecomend having 2 people so 1 can hold the bumper while the other cuts.

TOOLS:

Ratchets & screw drivers to remove the bumper
Measuring tape
T square
Sharpie (wipes off with detail spray)
Dremal, die grinder or Sawzall(if you know how to use it)

Attachments

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Cool beans, there is a local club that did that with his turbo NB, he used an HKS can and some other bits to make it all look like a bolt on version. Ill try to get some pics up for the NB owners too. Unless someones has done it too?

PhatMiata

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
That looks good. I like how it's even all the way across and gives clearance for the pipe. Very nice work. Did you clean up the edge and repaint the bumper cover or leave it as is?

·
Registered
441 Posts
thats not the drivers side :p

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you clean up the edge and repaint the bumper cover or leave it as is?
I actually just left it as is. the only time you really can notice it is if your on the ground looking up at it.

thats not the drivers side
I think your thinking JDM miata. So driverside would be right side?

Ill try to get some pics up for the NB owners too.
Id like to see some more pics of this mod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts