ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys and girls, anybody here addicted to driving? I am talking about hopping in the car with no particular destination and driving anywhere and everywhere. For example, when I had my EP3 (2005 Civic Si) I purchased new with 60 miles (it was delivered/driven from another dealer since I requested a black one and the one I was at didnt have black) and after 6 years of ownership I managed to rack up 187K and then some on the odometer. Fast forward to the current time and day and I am now in a 2000 Miata (NB). Picked up the car with 52K back in November 2011 and 3 months later to this present day I am at 56K...thats 4K miles in about 3 months. I basically drive all over the Bay Area, from San Jose to San Francisco and everywhere in between. Cruise the major freeways (880, 680, 237, 101, etc). I am just addicted to driving, rowing through the gears, hearing the throaty exhaust note of my straight pipe axleback, tunes in the cabin ranging from Bone Thugs to Biggie...the whole motoring experience is what I live for. Even If I am not driving spiritedly on a curvy road, I am content driving up and down the freeway...its crazy I will go to San Jose from my home in Fremont to and fro about 4 times which is about 120 miles. Some of my friends think I am nuts and maybe I am but is there anyone else out there who does this? I live pretty conservatively (no drugs, expensive clothes, movies, eating out, etc.) so the money I have when all bills are paid goes to gas expenses/maintenance on my vehicle. Anyways if you are a driving whore and not no low mile junkie/treats your car like a garage queen that she is, holler and confess.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I enjoy going on random drives. Not as much as I used to though as now I drive for work. I still like it enough to go for an aimless cruise though, especially right after a new mod or repair.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,310 Posts
heh, I probably average like <4K miles a year for the last 4 years. Since moving to Minnesota in October, I'm around 260 miles a month

edit - In my own car. If I include my parents' cars or work cars I drove at my college job, I'm probably closer to 800+ a month during the summer

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I love driving. Only a couple of times a year do i actually just "go for a drive" but when i do its normally a couple hundred miles. On my to and from work there are several different back roads I take on days I'm not in a hurry. I put about 35k miles on my car in a year.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I do random drives quite often. I have been known to drive for about 24 hours straight. :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
i do enough driving doing my daily commute that I don't go looking for excuses to drive boring roads. I rack up about 35k a year on my element just going to and from work. I also rack up about 5k a year on the miata. I enjoy every one of those 5-7k miles in the miata.

When I was young I enjoyed driving for no reason at all. Now that I'm older with random ache's and pains... not so much.

·
Registered
748 Posts
My non miata/ dd car is at 82k+; I bought exactly three years ago with 8.00 miles on it. 90 miles a day almost 365 plus driving to the Washington peninsula twice a year (>4hours each way) a trip to Montana (12 hours each way) and a recent trip to Idaho (8hours each way ). not to mention all the trips through the mountains here. Think I need to buy a second motor for the miata, it's currently at 182k. Lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
my miata doesnt rack up a huge amount yearly but it isnt uncommon for me to embark on a 300 mile solo journey at random to visit friends at school...i especially like driving through the night because the roads are totally clear and 476 through philly/ny is rarely patrolled :mrgreen:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well lets see...the white one (96) has 241,000 +, the Black Mazdaspeed (05)is approaching 76,000 and the red (97) miata sits at 107,000 right now.
There's a lot more to be going on these also and I am looking forward to putting every one of those miles on them!!! :phillyb:

Dan

·
Registered
290 Posts
at the end of 08 i got my GTI brand new. it currently has 92k on it
2 weeks after i got my GTI my mom got a new focus... ive racked up at least 75k out of the 90k thats on it since then.

before my gti i had an eclipse gt.. drove that car just over 100k miles in 2 years.

and i havnt kept tack of all 6 of my miatas, my subaru, and 240 that ive had in the last couple years too

also put 80k miles on a 03 impala during this time too

·
Registered
14 Posts
you guys need gfs.....jk jk i take long drives when frustrated so yes i drive a lot mostly in remote places like mountain roads

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I drove the Miata about 1000 miles last year (one-thousand) but 900 of those were what you could call "wasting fuel" on extravagantly useless drives on interesting roads. The other 100 was for beer runs.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
i used to go for random drives all the time in college. not so much now. I drive enough as it is for work lol (20k a year)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I find my 'random drive to disposable income ratio' to be unfairly biased towards sitting home as of late...

But yeah, when I couldn't care less about the price of gas I would be out the door on a whim, today it's a special outing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts