ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I'm not a fan of the big foglights designed into the bumper or a few other things like the roll bar or steering wheel, but its a nice car.
-Ryan

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I love the rollbar. I wish I could get one exactly like it in the USA for < $400 shipped to my door. I also love the M2-1001 nose but I will agree it looks even better on dark colors. This is one of my most favorite Roadsters from one of my most favorite tuner boutiques.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts

·
1,213 Posts
that is Toshitak Masugata's car ... I have dealt with him quite a lot and he is always really friendly/helpfull

if my memory is correct those whels were a special limited run ordered by TM - I am also pretty sure that all the sets are sold now :cry:

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
The pin connections for the rear fore-aft braces allows an extra degree of freedom that a fully welded bar wouldn't have.

·
Supporting Member
409 Posts
Is that a half front bumper? I love the 1001 front-end and I will have one (someday!). Who sells the half one, I checked drop heads' website and it's not listed.

I'm running across alot more pics of that rollbar now that I have mine ... just waiting on the tax-return and I'll order my new top so I can put mine on!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm not a fan of the big foglights designed into the bumper or a few other things like the roll bar or steering wheel, but its a nice car.
-Ryan
You're in the minority. The 1001 front is one of the most desirable "JDM" Miata upgrades. I can't believe no one stateside makes a copy.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is that a half front bumper? I love the 1001 front-end and I will have one (someday!). Who sells the half one, I checked drop heads' website and it's not listed.

I'm running across alot more pics of that rollbar now that I have mine ... just waiting on the tax-return and I'll order my new top so I can put mine on!!!
Garage Hundred One is a one piece; thats a straight mould taken off the M2 part bolted on a stock bumper (GHO made the M2-1001 bumper originaly). D-technique make the half bumper version. Its not exactly the same in shape as the 1001 bumper.

Dtec bumper:

The splitter is an extra part.

48000 yen...... And the lights are an extra 30000 yen.

Now, the reality about the GHO bumper. Its mass produced; popped out of a vacuum mould. It looked great when I first fitted it. Then we had a hot summer. At first, I started having an odd distortion; on reflection, it was a "memory" of the original mould framework. I could live with that. Then cracks started appearing on the corners. On one side, it got really bad, and a big lump fell out. In order to get a low reject rate, GHO load these bumpers with a lot of filler. Its not very strong, and on the corners, thats a high stress area (as the ring contacts the bumper).

I still liked the look of the bumper, but rather than chancing another GHO bumper (they all looked pretty much the same), I came to an arrangement with the supplier for a replica in Kevlar and carbon fibre to be made; super strong, and as it proved, super light. I took the opportunity to get extra mat put around the light pods, for a good reason.

The lighting; the M2 used a Japan-only Cibie Iode. It was a special part made only for Mazda. The lamp itself is basically a Cibie Tango, but the case is a different shape.

Cibie Tangos can be had pretty easily in the UK, with a choice of foglight or driving light. The problem is is the chromed case doesn't quite fit the light pod; mm's too tight.

So extra mat on the pods meant some of it could be ground out to allow the Tangos to fit. The Tangos needed a bit of work as well; repositioning of the mounting bracket, and some grinding to a spacer. But now they're fitted; the chrome casing is a nice contrast to the M8 paintwork of the car.

Original M2-1001 Cibie:

Cibie Tango:

Cracking GHO bumper:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts