ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a test-n-tune on Saturday. A new autocrosser brought his Elise. Before Saturday he'd only run 5 AX runs, he got plenty on Saturday.

After lunch I took it on a run... What an amazing car. I hate to say it but if I had $30k I'd have one and the Miata might be gone... but that's not happening any time soon.

Here's his car...

And a cool shot with their great dane next to the Elise!

Yes, he's as tall as the car!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'd love one I just can't get past the 30K for a toy that gets driven once or twice a month.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
i dont think they have mark-up anymore. plus, you can get used ones now. and i guess he's also assuming using proceeds from the miata sale towards the elise...

i've got no s2k envy (that other thread...), but i sure to envy elise drivers! if i were able to be more fiscally irresponsible, i'd have one in my driveway. but i'm a cheapskate, what can i say? :)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
It was funny when it spun out on Sunday :lol:

And that dog was scary huge :shock:

Don't get me wrong, I love the Elise, but I do have a few gripes. One, then wheels. Too big looking, and honestly not that great looking, either. And two, my god, that car sounds like ass.

·
Registered
465 Posts
after seeing some up close and in person locally the elise has grown on me but id rather get an s2k if i had the cash personally. however I must add that the mutant dog is crazy! :shock: i feel sorry for the small children that live in that neighborhood

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Don't get me wrong, I love the Elise, but I do have a few gripes. One, then wheels. Too big looking, and honestly not that great looking, either. And two, my god, that car sounds like ass.
I didn't know you were there... did you run or just hang out?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
however I must add that the mutant dog is crazy! :shock: i feel sorry for the small children that live in that neighborhood
The dog, Merlin, was actually very nice. He was very well behaved, didn't bark (that I noticed). A small girl and her parents came over when Chris's wife and I were talking and asked to pet the dog. He gave the girl a lick and let her pet him. Great Danes are supposed to be fantastic with children.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts

I didn't know you were there... did you run or just hang out?
Yeah, I showed up around 11 or so with my girlfriend. I didn't run because I had been up until 5 A.M....girlfriend slept over, and we're going to keep it at that.

I mainly went to support Nick, and I'm glad I came, ended up being his personal mechanic :lol: I think I only saw you run once, maybe twice, looked pretty smooth.

That turbocharged EG hatchback was very fast, they have that car set up extremely well from what I could tell. Did they ever figure out what that bolt or stud was that fell out at the end of one of his later runs?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Girlfriend slept over... yeah, I remember those days. Not much sleeping going on...

Nick needs all the help he can get!! And he needs some paint on that car! I wish we'd gotten another run, but timing cable problems screwed it up. That's life...

Yeah, that Civic is a beast. I didn't tech it, so I didn't get to see what it had done to it. No clue what fell off...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts