ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got a 323 gtx 4x4 cam cover that I am about to fit to my NA6CE B6 engine so that I will get easy access to adjustable cam wheels when I eventually buy them ...

this cover only has one outlet with a pcv coming out of it - I have a fujiracing ORTB set that I am about to fit too and I have noticed that some people have blanked off the PCV outlet on their standard heads and fitted a breather filter to the second outlet ... or in some cases a breather filter on both outlets

I was planning on running a pipe from the PCV outlet to an oil catch tank - shoule I leave the PCV fitted to the outlet or run the tube straight from the outlet stub on the cam cover itself ?

TIA

·
4,436 Posts
Run your PVC with a 4" hose dumping down to the bottom or your car.

Tap an additional vent where you would like. I did and now minie is leaking slightly, so no I am having it welded.

Block off the back vent near the coil pack - not sure if the 323 has this or not, but my Ford one did.

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4" hose dumping to where ... the ground ?

the 323 gtx cover does not have a rear outlet next to the coil pack so I am okay on that count ...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

here you can see how this guy did it, capped the pcv and put a catch can on the breather... then the breather from the can just runs down to the bottom of the engine bay.

I think this is the idea blue potato is talking about, just in the positions that are on a gtx valve cover.

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Sid

so if he has eliminated the PCV all together by blocking the outlet can I not just run a tube from my PCV outlet ( without the PCV ) direct to my oil catch tank and a breather pipe from the oil catch tank as shown in your attached pic ?

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
I would run it to a catch-can.

It will keep the engine bay cleaner, no messy oil film on everthing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts