ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with my SNC, I need to have a loctite fix. I ordered new parts already and waiting to arrived.

anyone in OC area who knows how to do it the right way and willing to help please let me know, I'm willing to pay :D beer+pizza+wings+cigarette.. how's that? lol

okthanksbye!

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
If I am not mistaken the loctite fix is to prevent it from dying, not to bring it back to life. Do you already have crank wobble? What symptoms lead you to believe you need this done?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup! crank wobble, loss of power below 3k rpm. not dead yet, Im still driving the car but I dont want to do more damage so its resting for now till I get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
yup! crank wobble, loss of power below 3k rpm. not dead yet, Im still driving the car but I dont want to do more damage so its resting for now till I get it fixed.
Worst case scenario would be your belts coming off the pulley, at that point your power steering will go and car will start to overheat, happened to me but i was close to home.

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
Loc-tite and JBweld to fill in the void the key rounded out would be the best fix at this point. You're going to need some time to let it set. If you add in the JB weld, then put the gear over it, you probably won't get it off again. That might not be a bad idea if the timing belt can be removed without removing that gear.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Theres a guy out here in chatsworth that tig welds the keyway for about $100. I forget his name right now though, i have it written down somewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts