ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to gather some interest for a dyno day. It will be at a shop called CHM Auto in San Bernardino, CA. Turns out my roommate owns the shop and has a dyno. I"ll have to get more details later. But basically, you'll get 3 runs for data(no tuning). The price will be under $100 if we get enough interest. As far as other rules go, they're not responsible if your engine blows during the 3 runs. Again, I'll get more details later. I'm trying to generate interests, definite interests.... Thanks...

·
3,857 Posts
hmm what kind of dyno he has?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
As another suggestion, the shop I work with regularly holds dyno days for supras and vipers, etc. We could easily set up a miata section of the next day. Cost is only about $30 for 3 pulls. they usually provide food, music, etc. Everything from Skylines, to S15s, to GT2s, to Supras are usually there. There are usually cash pay outs for different catagories. If we were going to have a good number of miatas, we could probably get our own catagory.

And they are in Orange County off Beach between the 22 and the 91. I personally wouldn't trek all the way to San Bern. for a dyno day simply because it would probably require a trailor for my car. If it were in OC, I'd probably just drive it.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
that sounds better. i don't want to see people getting po'd for stepping on other peoples toes, but 22 and 91 is a lot closer than san berno.

·
3,857 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Sun May 20, 2007 8:27 pm]As another suggestion, the shop I work with regularly holds dyno days for supras and vipers, etc. We could easily set up a miata section of the next day. Cost is only about $30 for 3 pulls. they usually provide food, music, etc. Everything from Skylines, to S15s, to GT2s, to Supras are usually there. There are usually cash pay outs for different catagories. If we were going to have a good number of miatas, we could probably get our own catagory.

And they are in Orange County off Beach between the 22 and the 91. I personally wouldn't trek all the way to San Bern. for a dyno day simply because it would probably require a trailor for my car. If it were in OC, I'd probably just drive it.
$30 :shock:
WOW I never heard anything cheaper!
Sure let us know and I'm there Matt!
I bet we can get people from SOCALM if the day is settled I can post there too!

PS It has to be after the 2nd of June (at least for me)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wel..shoot...lets go to that one then, squash the one that I posted. That makes it easier for me too...so i don't have to organize the damn thing..haha What is the specs on this guy though? Is he good at tuning? I might need mine tuned. Cuz if I take mine to a dyno, i want it tuned. Kinda like going fishing w/ no catches..haha..

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
without knowing details, what might be best is to get the dyno runs so you can get a base map. after that you can probably make an appointment for tuning. if he tries to tune everyone's car, you wouldn't get through the day.

that said, i want to know more about the guy's capabilities. i would LOVE to get my car tuned with my turbo/link setup.

·
3,857 Posts
without knowing details, what might be best is to get the dyno runs so you can get a base map. after that you can probably make an appointment for tuning. if he tries to tune everyone's car, you wouldn't get through the day.

that said, i want to know more about the guy's capabilities. i would LOVE to get my car tuned with my turbo/link setup.
Yes I also want to tune my car (SC+Link) but this is usually way more expensive ($2-300) so I'm definitely down for a dyno run with my stock stuff...
BTW I wondering if I can get a test pipe since that I bet my old and beaten 110K miles cat is a big restriction...
Would be nice if I could switch and see the difference...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
the shop is DynoXtreme. Sarkus wouldn't call himself a good tuner. He is a good mechanic. Most of the cars that are tuned there are high hp high dollar things, so many times, tuners fly in for these cars. He will do simple AF controllers, etc, but getting a car to idle, etc on a standalone is something he doesn't do a whole lot with. (And openly says this) He has relationships with sevreal tuners that spend thier life on an airplane trotting the globe tuning cars, if you want one of these guys time, he can set it up, but it will probably cost about $700 to get the car tuned. But then the car will run and idle like a factory ecu...

The couple of miatas his shop has tuned have been tuned by me. :)

I'll call him today and find out when his next dyno day is. He just had one about a month ago, and I believe he seems to do them qtrly.

·
3,857 Posts
Hey Matt, do you have any idea how much he charges per hour?
I might want to try to tune my car by myself...
Also do you know what kind of Dyno he has?

FYI I already posted on the SOCALM email list and I got one reply from someone that wants to come...]

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
its a dynojet.

Which is pretty much standard for most of the industry. I know most of the miata community turns its nose up at dynojets, but it is fine for getting a tune most of the way done. the last 10% should always be done on the road anyway...

As for what he charges, I honestly don't remember. Give him a call and tell him I told you to call him. 714-231-4299

·
3,857 Posts
I'll probably speak with him when I'm there!
BTW We have at least three people from SOCALM for the tech day!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts