ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
cant offer up any driving opinions just yet but the consensus on the "other" forum was that they seem damned good for what you pay for. Some of the brands have springs that are leaned so you might want to get some QA1 springs from summit (they are cheap price wise). For some reason the most expensive part on other more well known sleeve kits are the sleeves and perch.

I have a set of the bomz coil overs and the springs seem straight. I have them on some bilsteins and i used a bicycle tube doubled up between the sleeve and shocks. Also the set screw holes are too small for the supplied screws, take one of the sleeves to a local hard ware store and they should be able to get you the right size, or you can redrill and tap them yourself with new screws.

·
Registered
203 Posts
cant offer up any driving opinions just yet but the consensus on the "other" forum was that they seem damned good for what you pay for. Some of the brands have springs that are leaned so you might want to get some QA1 springs from summit (they are cheap price wise). For some reason the most expensive part on other more well known sleeve kits are the sleeves and perch.

I have a set of the bomz coil overs and the springs seem straight. I have them on some bilsteins and i used a bicycle tube doubled up between the sleeve and shocks. Also the set screw holes are too small for the supplied screws, take one of the sleeves to a local hard ware store and they should be able to get you the right size, or you can redrill and tap them yourself with new screws.
WTF is up with your brakes?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Mike, aka 90_mx, is currently building together, from what he says, a really good "coilover." ebay coils on bilsten shocks. 400lb/300lb spring rates if i remember him correctly.

Maybe he can chime in for more information about that setup for you guys.
yup... got a set on my Blsteins.. the spring rates are 450F-350R and lemme tell you, these are probably the most underated cheapo coilovers you can buy.

It seems like they were made for Bilsteins as they fit almost perfectly. I tried them on AGX`s and the fit was lame and damping poor. A fellow member "Redsnake" has them on his "R" and his 1.6 track car and they are outstanding. If your using them for a 90-97 NA, I highly reccomend using FCM topmounts.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
i was rocking some cheapo ebay coilovers with the springs that came with it....unknown spring rates.

it was horrible. the springs were complete garbage. ride would bottom out on bumpstops on everything.

i mean the perches are nice. but if you go with an ebay setup buy some decent springs that will fit the perches.

Scott

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, yeah I was just wondering what experiences everyone has had with them, I know on a lot of Hondas there fine , you get the look and it does help the handling a little, well better than stock. I was just going to test the sleeves by getting some 50 dollar sleeves and get some new top hats made and then get a custom coil made, but I think I would be better off just saving some cash and getting some full coilovers.

What do you guys think? Or what have you guys tried?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i had a set just to try it on agx's, with stock tophats and bumpstops the ride was horrible, it made me not even wanna drive my NA, plus i didnt even get much more of a drop than with a set of tokico lowering springs, i would just save the money, but on the other hand i have herd many good things about them matched with a set of bilsteins

1 - 12 of 12 Posts