ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a post that I am dreading typing, but I am getting close to desperate now...

I want to know if anyone has had experience with the fake Project G corner flare that's on ebay?
This is what I'm talking about:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GF-Style-Rear-Fender-Corner-Flare-Urethane-Fits-90-97-Mazda-Miata/281760708080?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=20131003132420&meid=53bd40cbb634469299a28a19045c728e&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=12&mehot=pp&sd=271943184378&itm=281760708080&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Before all the "don't buy fake ****" replies start flying in - I want the genuine Project G Corner Flare/side skirt set up, badly. However I've been waiting for ****-ever for them to find a way to produce them again, and it seems like a used set never comes up for sale. I waited soo long that I purchased a set of shitty fake ebay Project G flared side skirts like a year or two ago.

Last month on Project G's website it said they had 3 left in stock, so I ordered a set, only to receive an email this morning that it was an error that the website allowed me to purchase them. They are still looking for a way to produce these again without a substantial price increase. So again, I take my spot on the bench waiting it out...

Please someone, anyone... tell me if these ebay corner flares are of decent quality. I am painting the car in like 1.5 to 2 months, and am planning to get these painted to match at the same time.

·
Registered
826 Posts
A few years ago, they were alright. I helped install a set on a friends car. They fit like I would expect any aftermarket body panel to. I wouldn't run in fear from them for fitment woes if the genuine article isn't available.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Honestly at that price point I think they would be worth "rolling the dice" on, Jay, based on the pics. If nothing look at it as a opportunity to help other miata enthusiast make a informed decision in the future. ;)

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright... well... I'm going to hold out hope that a used genuine set pops up for sale in the next couple weeks... but if not I guess I'm forced to buy these ebay ones. Thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
68 Posts
MX5 2nr - I have a genuine set of the Project G corner flares that I could part with.

They would be shipped from Australia though and are painted to match my car (Silverstone).

Pm me if you are interested.

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MX5 2nr - I have a genuine set of the Project G corner flares that I could part with.

They would be shipped from Australia though and are painted to match my car (Silverstone).

Pm me if you are interested.
PM sent !!!! :icon_cheers:

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To close the loop on this, for anyone that was wondering...

I've decided to go a completely different route, and *should* be receiving Garage Star side skirts in the mail at some point...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts