ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I fixed the link. I haven't seen anybody here with that exhaust yet. It's generic so it's kinda hard to say exactly what you'll get. But it's cheap so go for it and report back with your review including better pics and video for the benefit of everyone else.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasnt willing to take any chances so i bought me the pace setter cat-back. Its not the best but they been around along time and at least this way i know what im getting.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
What year is your Miata?

Also, i dont see a picture of the Miata Specific exhaust they claim they are selling, and then they list all NA years, however 96 & 97 will require a O2 sensor Port after the Cat on the midpipe section, so if it does not have that, then you would have to buy an O2 bung ($20 ~ $30) and then pay someone to drill, and weld the bung on yer midpipe ($30 ~ $40) unless you have those tools/skills.

They also state it is 2.5" inch diameter, which would seem rather larger for an N/A car, 2.33" is what most JDM Exhuasts are, and most Stateside are 2.25"

I would like to see what it looks like though, but i dont have spare loot at the moment to blow on an exhaust i dont need.

Someone else buy it and report your results in the Product Review section.

Phatty

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Also noticed the inflated shipping rate, they charge $100.00 for UPS Ground, :shock: when legit sellers like Rspeed, for FM etc, can ship a catback exhaust for around $40 ~ $50 anywhere in the USA.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i checked on some of the honda and subaru forums about what they thought about it, and the honduh people thought it was too loud, but the subaru people thought it was perfect, they both said it was good quality though, looks like the picture. I like my exhaust loud so i think im gunna try this one.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i emailed them asking if that was an actual pic and they emailed back sayin that it is not. Their exhaust for the Miata exits out the same side as factory. So it may be different from the one shown.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Maybe Matt can have SCC buy some Miata Exhausts like Ebay specials and see which ebay version is the bet bang for the buck? Honestly, i kinda think the exhaust wont make much difference unless you have the header, cat, and intake, or if you have forced induction.

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger for everyone here, I needed a new exhaust and since my local muffler shop wanted 350 to make a 2.5 i figure I'll save the extra c-note and get this one. Once i get it I'll post the pictures up....

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger for everyone here, I needed a new exhaust and since my local muffler shop wanted 350 to make a 2.5 i figure I'll save the extra c-note and get this one. Once i get it I'll post the pictures up....

Can't wait to see it. Try and post sound clips as well.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts