ClubRoadster.net banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
post a shot from the back and a rear side shot please! I think I might pick one up this coming friday. Also post up a video please.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Sounds liek it's really for 94-97, not 90-97.

I ran into the same issue with my old I-can't-remember-the-brand that's on Agent935's car now, and the RB that's he and I traded that's on my car now. That 1/2 inch difference is in cat length apparently, i just let it be.

That looks pretty good overall, my only complaints are that it's not my style, and that baffle/silencer needs a coat of black paint. :)

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Sounds liek it's really for 94-97, not 90-97.
I thought 90-97 catbacks are all interchangeable? I've never heard of a 1/2" difference that you have to make up. Now what is true is that the early cars have an extra hanger right after the cat. For some reasons this one is generally a b*tch to get on ;);)

In any event if the gap was only 1/2" I would just pull it together. There is enough play in the rubber hangers to make up 1/2" easily. Sounds like the muffler shop guy was just wanting to do some extra work to charge a few extra bucks.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
The 1.8s had a slightly different setup. Slightly. I think the main difference is the cat. I had a 1.8 and a 1.6 cat at the shop and the flange angles were really different. The 1.8 cat simply would not work with a 1.6 exhaust. I assume it would be the same the other way around as well.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The 1.8s had a slightly different setup. Slightly. I think the main difference is the cat. I had a 1.8 and a 1.6 cat at the shop and the flange angles were really different. The 1.8 cat simply would not work with a 1.6 exhaust. I assume it would be the same the other way around as well.
The difference between 1.6 & 1.8s is in the down pipes and cats. Flange angles are different etc
After the cat ALL 90-97 exhausts are the same....with the exception of O2 bung. :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
my finger is hovering over the buy button for this exhaust, i cant wait fo see a rear picture and sound clip so i can decide if i click buy or not

61 - 75 of 75 Posts