ClubRoadster.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
It is really narrow. The uprights will be about centered on each seat. So it not only won't protect you all that well, nor add any chassis rigidity, but it will also look like a polished turd on your car.

AWESOME!!!

·
red?
1,239 Posts
It's not a real roll bar. It's a step beyond a style bar, but it's the same idea (two mounting points). Hard Dog's roll bars are 4-point; they mount to the seatbelt towers, transom, AND behind the gas tank. Here's a picture.

It bolts onto the rear shelf/gas tank plate. I can vouch that this piece is legit
sarcasm :p

·
red?
1,239 Posts
Uhh. What happened to Bob Loblaw? XD

And yes, from what I've seen (a guy trying to get rid of one on CL for months on end), it does NOT fit under the soft top. Or probably hard top, for that matter.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I like the fact that it's made of 2mm thick stainless....which is less than 0.079". Decent roll bars are at a minimum 0.095", most commonly 0.120". That **** is a little thicker than exhaust tubing.

Bottom Line:
Is it better than nothing? Yes
Is it worth the money? No
Would I trust my life to one? Hell No
Was it worth my time to read a thread mostly full of pictures of chinese people? Hell yes.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
if you want to see what this roolbar looks like in person as brownmiata... he has it in his girlfriend's red car now its not even bolted down. it is so narrow that it doesnt even completely span across the width of the headrests and it looks like it belongs in a caterham or an old MG that has a 3' wide passenger compartment. its absolute **** quality (no offense matt) and it will probably dissapoint the hell out of you.

that being said, we've determined it is a "legit" safety rollbar... that is, only if you are under 5'6" and dont let your head move from center in the headrest at all times ever.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just sayin- for all the Hardparking, slammed as F#@K cars, why not? not like your tracking the car, so why not just get the bar for the looks like they want...

As for me, I'll stick to a Hardcore DD =)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm going with the darwin effect here. rock the ebay roll bar, when you do crash and die just make sure it is before you reproduce.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.