1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Looks so thin! Are the other ones like that also?

I'm guessing they didn't know the hardtop for all our miatas are the same, dumbasses. Im sure there are some noobs at miata that will see the years available and have an NB and back out of purchase

BE THE TESTER!

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm considering it.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
now that you brought this up to everyone's attention. It will be the next thing that everyone jumps on. Good job dliverance :woolery:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
hahha ^^^^ thats why i didn't post it when i saw it a while ago.

i picked up a gv-rep lip from ebay a week ago. the thing was warped and totally fubar. i can't help thinking that this item would be even worse. AND it sits on top of your car for the world to see. the risk of getting a warped shitty piece for $100, might not be worth it.

but hey, i did go ebay too. so maybe try it out and let us know

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now that you brought this up to everyone's attention. It will be the next thing that everyone jumps on. Good job dliverance :woolery:
Project G is going to kill me.

hahha ^^^^ thats why i didn't post it when i saw it a while ago.

i picked up a gv-rep lip from ebay a week ago. the thing was warped and totally fubar. i can't help thinking that this item would be even worse. AND it sits on top of your car for the world to see. the risk of getting a warped shitty piece for $100, might not be worth it.

but hey, i did go ebay too. so maybe try it out and let us know
Did you get the poly lip? leave that thing in the sun for a few hours before install.

That one looks cheaper and warped already. Really flimsy looking.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looks great for the money, hopefully Project G will lower price to compete with the other guys, or show us why their product is worth $250+ shipping over these guys.

·
Registered
229 Posts
IIRC, Project G are (or at least were) forming theirs by hand, which would explain why they need to charge so much more... Whether that translates into a better product I can't say as I've not seen theirs or the knock offs in person. Definitely not $250 worth of materials costs involved.

That said, you can get GV reps for $100 but GV still goes for 2.5-3 times that and they're still around. Some folks will be willing to pay more to support the originators and/or for the (percieved?) difference in quality.

·
Supporting Member
113 Posts
Hmmm...... I was going to get the Project-G when the taxes came back. Alone with a rollbar and bikini top

This does interest me, but I think I need to cut down on the eBay crap. Ive got enough junk on the NA to legally start saying my car is from HongKong

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
We have been aware of this product well before it's launch earlier this month. We were tipped off by a customer who is directly involved with the company who stole our design. Not only did they NOT do any development on the design itself, but they actually bought one of ours and sent it over seas to be replicated at pennies on the dollar.

Project-G:
Yes, the people who state the G-Wings are produced by hand are correct. This is how it started, and we decided to continue this route for a few reasons. The main reason was, we had been working with someone here in the U.S. to hand make them with the same pride and care we had been making them with. We spent insane hours refining our process and design to ensure we could produce the type of quality we wanted to bring to the public. This has been an ongoing process since the very first one was sold. Since we all had worked hard to make this happen, we (Project-G) felt we wanted to continue to support the people supporting us. Mainly the fabricator who worked so hard to meet our expectations.

We were approached earlier last year to produce them over seas at a very cheap price. If we chose to produce them over seas, we would be basically taking food off our fabricator's plate in the pursuit of the all mighty dollar. We are not about to forget what went into the development of this. Also, because we believe in our fabricator, we wanted to have him available to us for future products. In our book, loyalty goes a long way.

We are aware many who have never attempted to produce something like this on their own will feel, "Oh, it's just a piece of plastic with 2 bends." Until one actually gets down to it and tries to make it themselves, can they truly appreciate what has been done here. It's not difficult to get in the ballpark, but to get it to a point where it's a product that can be sold is an entirely different game. We literally have stacks of failed G-Wings too heavy to carry by one person just to get it to the point it is today.

In the past, we have had a few people ask us what material we use, where to get it, how we form it, etc. We have always helped them as much as possible since we are all about DIY. We love and respect that. Many came back and bought our product and a few said after a few tries they realized they were just not going to be able to get it "Perfect".

The people who have stolen our design have basically let us develop the shape and design, then sent it over seas to have it copied, and are now selling them below what we can make them for. These are not people who have a passion for the product, they have a passion for making money. They have no drive to continue to develop for the community, they just see an opportunity to make an easy buck and they are taking it. This is a single product that has little meaning to them, but has tremendous meaning to us.

So now that both products are out there, it's really up to you, the consumer to decide who you want to support. If the community supports Project-G's efforts, it will be worth it for Project-G to support the community in return. (Which we do our best to do) If the community supports the big business guys who take advantage of the small guys and reap the benefits of their hard work, the smaller guys will ultimately have to go elsewhere. We have many products lined up, but like most things these days, they are easy ideas to steal. A few of them may never become a reality just because of the time needed to develop them, just to be stolen and short lived on our end.

Ultimately it boils down to this: Project-G is a company who's goal is to make an impact in the community by providing high quality products with cutting edge ideas and designs. We appreciate and never take for granted the support the community has shown us. Project-G does not believe in higher profits at the expense of quality or morals. What we strive for are products our customers can display on their vehicles with pride. At the same time, products we feel we can proudly put the Project-G name on.

Just a final thought. The companies who steal other's ideas and designs and sell them purely for profit are really a dime a dozen. Companies who innovate and come out with fresh ideas and designs are not so common. The one you choose to support with each purchase you make directly shapes the community you are a part of. The choice is your's.

We are not speaking on this to open a debate, so please do not take our silence on this topic beyond this post in a bad way. We are simply sharing our side of this issue with the community we are a proudly a part of.

Thanks for your support,
Project-G

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that they took your production and made a replica and to be honest I would buy the Gwing and other products y'all make but I don't make that much money to spend on my poor miata that's why unfortunately I went with the ebay one. And to be honest Project G you guys make amazing products keep it up!

And I got the second link.

·
Registered
11 Posts
the shape from the 2 ebay links look different and still dont know what the bracket are for?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Not to mention the customer service you get with Project-G. I don't think I've heard one bad thing about them, and if there was an issue of concern, Project-G has went above and beyond expectations in order to make it right.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts