ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres always a couple of strut tower braces at a $15.00 ¨buy it now¨ on ebay. Has anybody had any experience with these? are they worth the $15 (plus another $15 shipping) or are they just bling?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I doubt it does much but I have one on my car. Looks pretty at least :D

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I bought one of these a few months back. The 15.00 special, even. About a week later, I scored a deal on an FM one, so I got to back-to-back the eBay special and the FM.

I run the FM now, and gave the eBay to my friend Mike for his car. It helps, you can feel it. The FM one does more/is more effective.

The brackets are a little flexible on the eBay one. The more worrying thing was when i set the bar just slightly too short, i was able to PULL it out to fit to the other bracket. There's an arc to the aluminum crossbar, i wound up ever-so-slightly M-shaping it to make it fit just by tugging on it, which kept everything in tension. Overall, the eBay unit is okay, but that's about all i'd give it. I felt a noticeable reduction in front-end shake going to the eBay bar over uneven pavement. I felt a further improvement when I changed to the FM bar from the eBay one.

On a scale of one-to-somethin', the eBay bar is a "Whoa!", and the FM bar is a "Daaamn!"

I will say though, when I went to the FM bar, I kept the Ebay bar-to-bracket bolts, as the allen-head setup looked nicer than the bolts with the FM.

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
I think Lihn said he had one and it snapped at the threads? That should prove it attempts to do something, I personally wouldn't buy something with pivot points though
Yup. The stress that the strut tower went through slowly stripped the threads and one day it just snapped off completely while I made a sharp turn.

I would not recommend ebay strut tower braces.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts