ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I don't recommend it. You get what you pay for in terms of quality and effectiveness. Something like that, you might as well just have the stock cockpit brace installed in your car.
Save your money up and get a Hard Dog or comparible bar, something that mounts down properly, and would actually support if you were to flip your roadster over.

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
x2, my cousin rolled his miata in the air and landed it on its side, if it wasnt for his rollbar he might of died, save the money, buy something that could save your life

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah a rollbar would be better for safety, but I don't really drive my car in situations that would risk a rollover. I've only driven on the street so far, so I'm just looking for style bars.

I'm looking to get style bars because:
1. They look cool
2. Stiffen up chassis

So would the ebay one be decent purely as a stylebar?

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
I cant hold you against it, but if you like the hoop designs, other companys make some that are much more functional such as harddog and bossfrog I believe, there may be more

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
If you want a stylebar get a Frenzy, they sell on ebay or off thier site the quality is excelent (not exhaust tubing)

But a roll is far better. For a double hoop look at the HardDog Deuce.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I had one for a while... they're all made in China. Quality was decent, welds were ok... The seller had misrepresented the auction, so it went back. I have a Hard Core bar now.

Pics of the bar I had: http://public.fotki.com/relittle/temp/stylebar/

The shots of it in the car are it just sitting, not installed.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah a rollbar would be better for safety, but I don't really drive my car in situations that would risk a rollover. I've only driven on the street so far, so I'm just looking for style bars.
Daily driving could be a risk for a rollover.

My boyfriend's Miata came with a stylebar, and mine has a rollbar. He whines all the time wishing he had a rollbar. The reasons are endless, but i'd second saving up for a rollbar. I wouldn't have another miata without one, and i've owned 2 with one so far :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
astro said:
Sometimes it doesnt matter weather or not you drive it hard. It matters how hard you are hit and by what. Blowing $300ish on a decent roll bar is a small price to pay versuses spending the rest of you life as a vegtable because a "Soccer Mom" didn't see you in the rear view of her SUV in a lane change.

Example:
http://www.bethania-garage.com/why.htm

·
99 old busted HOTTNESS
813 Posts
that sounds like a really bad idea...

·
┐('~`;)┌
6,401 Posts
Dingo, stop posting until you can look at the dates and not bump threads that are over two years stale. Especially if your posts are going to be completely useless.

·
Registered
105 Posts
GOD! are you guys serious??? if you have a style bar, you're queer???? what kinda bullshit is that?? you guys are talking about rollovers like they happen daily. i have driven for almost 50 years and NEVER came close to rolling my car. if you drive so that you you worry about rolling you should take a bus, oh, i forgot, buses also roll. oh yea, i have a style bar.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Dingo, stop posting until you can look at the dates and not bump threads that are over two years stale. Especially if your posts are going to be completely useless.

Save up for a legit rollbar or don't even bother with mouse traps.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts