ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo, apparently I can't get past my love for shitty things and decided I had to buy another Miata. This is the result, a hateful little 2000 SE with a salvage title and 273k miles!

In all actuality, this is the nicest salvage title car I have ever seen, so there's that.

I present to you, The Sultan of Swag!

I purchased this car from a gentleman with much better taste in cars than the miata, though he just can't escape them. He bought it to go racing and just couldn't bring himself to bang this car up because it was just too nice. We don't feel that way here... Molest all the special edition things!

I wasn't able to make the trek to Florida due to work constraints, so I bought my unemployed friend a plane ticket and he flew down and brought back the car. He also decided to hit the Dragon and pop that cherry for me on the way up. Thanksbro.

He was so thoroughly exhausted he decided to model his parking lot sleeping skills when showing me the car.

He also made an addition on the way, because miata.

We also decided to try to shiny up the paint after the trip, there were a bunch of scratches on the new paint that were pissing him off.

·
Administrator
15,610 Posts
Re: The Sultan of Swag, or Swaggplant for short

I am taking full credit for this, just so every knows.

Major Hater and The Sultan of Swag gonna break the internet when they touch butts in 2 weeks.

·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Then the car was parked in my garage for a few weeks because lifeing and the whole separating from my ex thing while trying to keep my house was going on.

I had little time to do much, but I saw a strange little ad for a set of 15x9" TR wheels and half gone Toyo T1r's for $300 on M.net and decided to give it a go to get in touch with the seller. He was in KC and we made arrangements for me to come down the next day and purchase them. When I got there I saw a big HTA turbo evo and a red Mazdaspeed sitting in the garage along with a new looking NC. When I asjed about the Mazdaspeed, he opened the hood and I was greeted with this:

This was the FM Mazdaspeed ls3 car that Flyin Miata had for sale last year. We went for a drive, and the owner stopped halfway and told me to switch with him. I **** you not, this car drove so tight and new, it was the best driving miata by a wide margin that I have ever driven. I had an NC2 that I bought new with 7 miles on the clock and it was nothing compared to that MSM.

After we returned, money was exchanged and I drove home with some immaculate TR wheels and okay tires. Somehow I managed to stream Pandora the entire way as well through BFE Iowa and Missouri.

Much wide. Very 9. Wow.

The car sat again for a couple of weeks as I was finalizing the living arrangements and moving the ex out. Finally last week I had a chance to work on the car (it was still completely stock) and I tore into it all day.

I started with a giant pile of parts.

Brand new Bilstein Sport shocks
5x racing sleeves and Qa1/Summit 550/350 coilover springs
Swank Force Racing approved Integra Speedthane modified bumpstops
TwoSix motorsports aluminium extended rear shock mounts
New ball joints and tie rods
new front and rear hubs, bearings and wheel seals
ARP extended lug studs
forged AL purple lugs (woooo)
NRG wheel, QR and boss (yeah, yeah, whine about it)
GarageStar seat brackets and Canadian Bride lowmax seats
Moss tow hooks and Voodoo knobs
The K&N typhoon intake
ebay $80 axle back
Brembo rotors and OE pads for now
Ebay front lip and a bunch more stuff

This intake clashes so well with this color.

I have never in my life had a nut fight me as hard as the CV nuts on this car. They took about 10 minutes of mapp gas heat and the longest 3/4" breaker bar I had plus a pipe to get them off. I had to walk away from the car for a while and adult so I could cool off after finally removing the spindles.

Adulting:

Said spindles:

·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I was much very so impressed with the $129 ebay front lip quality. I did have to buy $9 of fasteners to install it.

Very NB1:

Much swag was added with the addition of a chrome fuel lid found for free-fiddy at the local recycler yard.

The Zyduh Style coilovers went together without a hitch, though I will need some helpers and to lower the circlip eventually. The rears are maxed out low and the fronts have only 3 or 4 threads.

Rear hats.

When I finally got the spindles back from the machine shop, I was salivating over the potential stants and swagbro ride height so I put it back together and checked it out.

Whoa.

Very much like.

·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Coincidentally, my seats were received the same day my ex took all her stuff, so kind of a score day!

I decided I could waste some more time I could be sleeping and decided to test fit the driver's seat to see if my blind parts ordering was successful. Those brackets absolutely murder fingers. WEAR GLOVES!

Success!

Now I need to sell some of this SE stuff to get the roll bar and header.

Until then though:

·
Beggars can't be choosers.
1,454 Posts

So fresh and so clean clean.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,034 Posts

Top hats busting into the trunk like:

·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I really want to drive it. Hopefully that can happen on Sunday.

·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Nothing to report other than

It's alive!

I have driven it the last two days. First impressions, this suspension is WAYYYY better than any sub $1000 setup should ever be. I went with 550/350 springs and left the stock non-sport sways on for now and this car turns FLAT!

More info and pics as I get them. Steering wheel being installed tonight and I can decide if I want to try to install the Boss Frog frame rails and seam weld the door sills before MATG or not.

Also, my tires are not round and they make a lot of noise.

·
Administrator
15,610 Posts

Sooooooo much gelatin.

·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Buy new set of 225/45R15 RS3's or cram a set of 205/50R15 Ecsta V720's on my 15x9's?

**** me, decisions.

·
Administrator
15,610 Posts

Can you get 205/50 RS-Rs in time? They aren't offensive on a 15x9 and cheaper than either choice.

·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Can you get 205/50 RS-Rs in time? They aren't offensive on a 15x9 and cheaper than either choice.
Super cheap, but can't do the $170+ for any shipping faster than ground.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts