ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a set for 980 plus shipping....apparently 50 more than cost.

Plan is to slap them on, then go with 15x8 +0 195/50/15. I realize I will have to roll. I hope I won't have to pull.

I don't see much info on eibach coilovers, which is why i'm asking.

Any suggestions? Should I spend my money elsewhere?

I want a dope looking stance, but with the minimum amount of camber...and obviously as streetable as possible. This is more or less my daily driver. I don't want to sacrafice handling TOO much, but understand with that setup it will be compromised.

I just want to know opinions before I go and spend the money.

Thanks

·
~Foo's Best Friend~
517 Posts
save your money. do more research.
look in the fitment thread.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done some research and looked in the fitment thread. That's why I"ve come up with the sizing I've posted. I haven't seen anything on eibach coilovers, but figure its considerably less than retail price, so should be a good deal, hence why I'm asking here.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so do eibach's rock...or do they suck. should i spend 980 on a new set or would anyone suggest something different? Thanks!

·
Registered
380 Posts
stance gr+ or bc racing

·
Registered
380 Posts
or d2

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for the replies...but why do you suggest those? Is there something wrong with the eibach's? Are u just suggesting those cuz its what everyone runs? If the eibach are better quality, maybe I should take advantage of the deal I can get, no?

Thanks!

·
Banned
607 Posts
they're kw variant 1 with eibach progressive springs.

personally I'd go with variant 1s for linear spring + helper springs

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Let me guess you want your car to look like everyone else's hence the 15x8 +0 and 195's. In that case just get Racelands and be done.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Ok thanks for the replies...but why do you suggest those? Is there something wrong with the eibach's? Are u just suggesting those cuz its what everyone runs? If the eibach are better quality, maybe I should take advantage of the deal I can get, no?

Thanks!
They are high quality, I rode in a set of KW V1s off a buddy's A4 and the ride is serene.

Having said that, if your goal is to slam the car to the floor, then the lower you go on the Eibach, the less travel you will have. They are not fully threaded body coilovers. So if your goal is to slam, then there's plenty of better options to do that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
They are high quality, I rode in a set of KW V1s off a buddy's A4 and the ride is serene.

Having said that, if your goal is to slam the car to the floor, then the lower you go on the Eibach, the less travel you will have. They are not fully threaded body coilovers. So if your goal is to slam, then there's plenty of better options to do that.
Amen to all that! Eibach R1 and KW V1/2/3 are all spring-only adjustable, so the lower you go, the less travel you have. Plus, the R1 and V's are all relatively softly sprung to have a good street ride, so you have a less than ideal 'slam' setup.

The only spring-adjustable coilovers i'll trust outhere is 949Racing XIDA's. Made for NA/NB, by people who race those cars. Expensive, tunable, custom rates and able to go very low.

Or just go for BC's. From what i've heard they are very good. Pretty decent ride quality and able to go pretty low. Those are height adjustable and are made to go low, a good 'semi-custom' kit: BC have upgraded their product by users request (extended rear top hats, short-stroke shocks and 10/8 rates).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
better question. what would you guys get for 1000...if that's what you had to spend on a miata that is going to look apparently "like everyone else's".....

raceland has a good price, but are they garbage? the others seem great...but out of my price range.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
650 for an old style (before revised) in the classifieds. stance gr+.....should i go for them?

·
CR.net Supporter
1,085 Posts
If your buying coilovers just to achieve the stanced looklook at the (Non FM) V Maxx coilovers and match it w/ NB or ISC tophats. The V Maxx are cheaper but I have seen it up close. Quality, solid looking coilover for the price. I remember Terry pham is on that very set up:

Here's one vendor I found:

http://www.stratmosphere.com/product/1085/25

·
Banned
607 Posts
^ spend same as fm kit... get same suspension with same warranty... except with bump stops & spring rates that don't match the car? Also minus fm support?

·
CR.net Supporter
1,085 Posts
Oopps, I guess I'm not up to date w/ FM's pricing. Go w/ FM Vmaxx then :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and these v-max coilovers from flying miata are ready to go with the proper top hat and car can be slammed without worrying about the shock losing travel?

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
and these v-max coilovers from flying miata are ready to go with the proper top hat and car can be slammed without worrying about the shock losing travel?
You will lose shock travel.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts