ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting ready to install a few gauges to monitor things. All of them are electronic AutoMeter gauges, just to keep fluids out of the interior, so they have their respective sender units.

First up is a Fuel Pressure gauge with a 1/8" NPT fitting on the sender. Where do I need to tap for that? Do I just T- into the fuel line somewhere, or is there a schrader valve anywhere (I couldn't find one)?

Next is the Oil Pressure gauge. My last car, I went straight to the block. The sending unit has a 1/8" NPT fitting on the end, and also has a 1/4" NPT adapter. Where is the best place to go for a reading there?

Finally, I'm installing a Pyrometer/EGT gauge. I'm going to have a 1/8" NPT threaded hole put into the log manifold to allow for the fitting AutoMeter provides. I know it's supposed to be 1"-2" away from the head basically, but was wondering if there is a particular runner people like to use to get the most accurate readings?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
For the fuel gauge, T into the fuel supply line. It's the one that's closer to the firewall. The line in front of it is the return line.

For the oil pressure gauge, you can buy an adaptor that's sandwiched between the filter and the block. FM sells it.

And for EGT gauge, you can put the bun on the #4 runner. That's the one that's been known to run hot or lean on some people's car.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the fuel gauge, T into the fuel supply line. It's the one that's closer to the firewall. The line in front of it is the return line.

For the oil pressure gauge, you can buy an adaptor that's sandwiched between the filter and the block. FM sells it.

And for EGT gauge, you can put the bun on the #4 runner. That's the one that's been known to run hot or lean on some people's car.
Thank You!
Do you happen to know what size the supply line is?
And do you know where FM lists the oil adapter? I can't seem to find it on their site, the only thing I can find that fits near the oil filter is their thermostat kit for a cooler.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I can't quit remember the exact size for the lines. I think I used 5/16 when worked on mine.

I thought FM sells the adaptor. I guess I am wrong then. Do a search on Miata.net and see what you can come up with . But the stock oil pressure gauge on the car is pretty accurate though. Unless you have one of those dummy ones.

·
Registered
248 Posts
What is the best way to run the wires from the engine into the interior?

I have a bunch of Defi gauges coming in (though I have no idea how I'm going to mount them as I hate pillar pods).

I just need to know how to route the wires through the firewall.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Fot Oil pressure Why not just get kit to convert your Dummy Guage in your cluster into a real guage? I think Track Dog Racing sells a kit to do it. ANd then you could free up space for another guage. Just an idea.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For Oil pressure Why not just get kit to convert your Dummy Guage in your cluster into a real guage? I think Track Dog Racing sells a kit to do it. And then you could free up space for another guage. Just an idea.
I had been looking into doing that, but I already have the gauge from my last car, and I prefer having the full sweep. But thanks for that, now I have a new website to go to for parts! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts