ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
holy crap. well after 2 days of tracing down a short that was causing my 30A fuel injector fuse to blow out immediately, and having to remove my 6 point rollbar just to get the fuel pump out :fp:, I found this gem in the gas tank. I honestly can't believe that someone could be stupid enough to do this. I'm surprised the car didn't explode.

This is the power line for the fuel pump

first off I see exposed wire and think this is bad enough
Then I open up the electrical tape to find that they had just wrapped one layer of tape around each wire and then taped them together.

Glad this headache is over, and glad that nothing worse happened. Just thought this would be an appropriate place to share my frustration haha

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's the best wiring job I've ever seen. What are you talking about. Psh, time bomb? PUHLEASE.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The fumes on the other hand.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hunting down those "Genius" moments from Prev. Owners can be an adventure. Usually a WTF moment like this keeps awake me Wondering what else they" Fixed" ?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hunting down those "Genius" moments from Prev. Owners can be an adventure. Usually a WTF moment like this keeps awake me Wondering what else they" Fixed" ?
Had a mk3 supra for a couple thousand miles before parking and selling for issues all relating to previous owner's idea to wrap the headers... I've been educated the hard way :?, but at least I received the education..

As for the wires, you could have been all "splody" like if your 30A fuse didn't blow.. but because it did, it probably kept those wires from arching...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts