ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I picked this car up back in April. Engine has bad rings but came with Fat Cat coilovers, 949 endlinks, 6uls and a front RB sway.

Since then I've added:

Hardtop (Soft Top Delete)
Molded KG Works Spoiler
TDR Splitter
Garage Star Plate Holder
Garage Star Rad/Wiper Cowl Covers
Tribute Wiper Nozzles
Cibie Headlights
DDM Works Radio Panel
Redline Leather Shift Boot/Ebrake cover
Rebuilt Shifter
Shark II Antenna
inJoy Visor Delete
Voodoo Ebrake/Shifter
Rennenmetal Tow hooks
Rennenmetal Hardtop Brackets
Delrin Shifter Bushing
RevLimiter Eyball Vent Rings (Wrinkle Black)

To Install:
Engine
RB Intake
JR Header
RB Exhaust
Magnaflow Cat
HDHC DD Rollbar
Stainless Brake Lines
Stainless Clutch Line
Door Speakers
Injoy Door Panels
Injoy Door Pulls
Garage Star Carbon Plug Cover
etc...

As it sits the car looks like this:

Since I have no garage or any of the tools to do the work (and all that handy dandy miata knowledge) MightyMouse is going to be doing the engine swap (including TB/WP/general service), Rollbar install and intake/exhaust install. He has been patiently waiting for me to get my crap together and bring the car up to him....which will finally be happening this weekend. I am super pumped to get the new engine in and glad to have someone who knows what they are doing take care of it (unlike the person who painted my car...sigh....thats a whole long story there).

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Excited to see what you do with it. What brakes ate you going with?

sent From my office or a meeting

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Emilio,

Car looks great!!! Any more pics of the back?

Headlights covers will be sent at the end of the week!
Thanks! Yeah, I'll get some more pics up soon. Can't wait for the new headlight covers to get here. Both sets you sent looked awesome (outside of the unfortunate shipping damage). Let me talk with MightyMouse but it may be best to have you just send them to his address.

Excited to see what you do with it. What brakes ate you going with?

sent From my office or a meeting
Brakes are staying "stockish" for now. They are new ATE Rotors and Hawk pads. Just swapping out the lines and fluid.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Car looks clean. Your lucky to have someone like mightymouse helping out. His car is so well built. It's nice having knowledgable friends.

What's wrong with the paint? Looks clean to me. I dig the satin black look.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car looks clean. Your lucky to have someone like mightymouse helping out. His car is so well built. It's nice having knowledgable friends.

What's wrong with the paint? Looks clean to me. I dig the satin black look.

The paint is OK. There are some flaws though, the surface isn't uniform throughout, overspray, and the headlight covers and mirrors are "shinier" than the rest of the car. Nothing too terrible just annoying for what I paid. I took it to someone thinking I was gonna get a deal but it ended up costing me more than a professional job and took unacceptably long. Definitely learned from that.

The car is a fun run around town car and I love how it drives with the nearly blown engine in it so I can't wait to get the new (to me) engine in it and all the other mods done.

The biggest thing I want to get done before bringing it up to MM this weekend is to get the door pads/door cards in. Its simple enough but i also need to install new window guides/clean the mechanism, replace the door speakers since I'm in there (should be easy) and replace the vapor barrier (easy). I'm a big guy so getting rid of the door pulls and the extra large top door pad take up precious cabin space.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Came with the FCM Coilovers? Damn you really got lucky there haha.

I feel you with the engine. Mine has lost so much power, but I still beat on it and get a smile on my face. Can't wait for it to be done haha.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Easy fix on the mirrors. APR carbon mirrors! Reduces your frontal area too.

Headlight lids are easily resprayed as well. Could do that easily in your garage or patio.

Sucks you got hosed though. Hard to figure out who to trust.

It looks great in pictures though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The mirrors are tolerable. They are power mirrors so I'm gonna keep Em for now. I may eventually do a carbon wrap or something if they bother me too much or I'm bored over the winter.

I actually have a set of carbon vented headlight covers coming from Carbon Miata so that solves one of my problems!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hahah guys I'll post another few pics I took today. Had to bring it to get inspected today so I snapped a couple pics. I'll snap a pic of the Pile of parts in my living room. Car gets dropped off at MM's place Saturday and then its his show until I get her back.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts