ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, did a search, nothing answered my question the way I was looking for, so here goes. And this is aimed for people with turbo'd Miatas that have to endure emissions testing of course.

I'm taking the Miata to get a GA emissions check. For those that don't know which car I have now, it has an FMII Link turbo kit, 550cc injectors, test pipe (going to be swapping it out for a Jackson High Flow as soon as possible, they actually look here, even if the car passes fine, they fail you until they see one installed), and FM dual exhaust. It is running very well: ides smoothly, no overly rich conditions, etc.

My question is this: Should I unhook the wastegate actuator arm so that when they run the load tests (2 of them, one at 25mph for 30 seconds, and then 15mph for another 30 seconds), there is no boost, or should I just leave it as it is, boost and all?

Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
how do they do mph tests - isnt it by rpm
also if run no boost wont your car run really rich because of the 550cc injectors - or will the link compensate for that and try to lean it out
im thinkin that no boost + really rich = fail
hydrocarbons are one thing that they test for at emissions and having a high hydrocarbon level is a result of incomplete fuel combustion and from fuel evaporation. -- so im thinkin if you just lean out your tune just a bit than this will result in lower emission levels
if ga emissions are anything like tn emissions, then u really shouldnt have a problem passing with just the cat as long as ur car is running well
and if the stock cat will fit on ur car that might lower emissions more than the jr one

1 - 2 of 2 Posts