1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rezist Is Nature
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
92 NA
Miles: 202.xxx
Engine: 1.6
I would like to replace everything in the engine here's my list, what else can be added so I dnt have to do this later down the road.
Everything on the list will have a + for added also I will be posting the cost of very item. If any anybody ever wants to know how much each item is.

-Thermostat + Gasket
- Valve cover gasket
-belts
-radiator fluid
-headgasket
-radiator hoses
+ -Plugs

·
Rezist Is Nature
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did plugs ngk plugs needs to be changed thanks addEd

·
Registered
118 Posts
What level of insanity do you want in the check-up/rebuild?

Lvl1:
Plugs, wires, valve cover gasket, cam seals, air filter.

Lvl2:
Belts, manifold gaskets, alternator, starter, head gasket, water pump, all hoses, thermostat and coolant gaskets.

Lvl3:
Muffler, cat, Motor Mounts, Clutch, pilot and throwout bearing

Lvl4:
Lifters, valve seals, Throttle body gasket, egr gasket, oil pump, fuel pump, fuel filter, injectors rebuilt.

Lvl5:
Just rebuild the whole damn engine, with all new parts.

I'm at level 4 right now. Level 5 will come eventually.

This is an area where you can sink more than the value of your car very quickly....

·
Rezist Is Nature
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks bro
I'm doing headgasket to all gaskets this week also belts,thermostat just to get the car running normal it's blowing lots of white smoke.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just a thought.

I recently bought a newly rebuild top end to replace the warped head on my 205k miata. After putting the new top end on the old block, it still burned oil but with good compression. Turns out the oil rings were shot, so the bottom end needs to be replaced.

Keep your eyes out for a spare engine in case it doesn't work out.

I hope all this work and resealing cures your problems, though.

·
Rezist Is Nature
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm gonna try to change as much as I can car has 205,xxx car will be tracked at taken to work sometimes so I'm assuming gotta have to change all that some time this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts