ClubRoadster.net banner

engine damper

6K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  gwilo 
Hrm.

Ya know... the firstgen Neons use one of those as a rear engine mount... it's subtle, it's black, Mopar Performance makes a cheap, upgraded unit.

Hrm. I think i'm gonna find me a bobble strut in my crap at home and see if I can make a damper! I just wasn't sure how I wanted to bracket it to clear my strut brace until now.

Ok... the Ohlins is hotness. :)

... 89.00? Hrm. Maybe after I figure out how much of a difference it makes with a 5.00 prototype. ;)

Hrm.

Ya know... the firstgen Neons use one of those as a rear engine mount... it's subtle, it's black, Mopar Performance makes a cheap, upgraded unit.

Hrm. I think i'm gonna find me a bobble strut in my crap at home and see if I can make a damper! I just wasn't sure how I wanted to bracket it to clear my strut brace until now.
Well, I don't know if you could really call it an engine mount, per se...It's more of an anti-torque strut, can't remember exactly what the dealer called them....on neons.org it's always just 'bobble strut' :lol:

I replaced my shot one with the booger unit...combined with deyeme flex/firm mounts, my Neon was one shaky car :twisted:
Gah, what do they call them, I think maybe it's just torque-damping strut or some such. Strangely, I actually went away from solid mounts. My ACR is just one big echo chamber, my final mount setup has been a Quickor bobble (the one now being sold by Vitor) and stock mounts the rest of the way around... keep the mounts in good shape, and wheelhop wasn't a problem. I think that was mostly because I lost the ability to romp the throttle sometime after I added the first 2.4l and had to learn to modulate throttle. ;)

But yeah, I've got a stock unit, and I think an MP one somwhere... it should make for a nice compromise between breaking things, and having nothing. If it doesn't work, i'm out a whopping however much the scrap steel and electricity to run the plasma cutter cost me. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.