ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving the car when it was raining pretty hard,I drove thru a dip which had more water than I thought :( Pretty much covered the front of the car,As I drove off I instantly felt a lack of power.Do you think the timing belt could have slipped from the fact that it was under water or maybe some electrical got wet? Where should I start ? Any suggestions would help thanks

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,880 Posts
Do you mean lack of power as in it quit running? Or a lack of power being its still running but feels sluggish? If it completely quit running right after running through the water there's a possibility you could have hydro locked the motor. Otherwise some electrical stuff probably got wet and shorted out. Water and electronics don't mix.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea,The dip caught me a bit off guard,Umm shes running just sluggish also the rpms are a little higher now was at 8 to 9 but now there up to 1300 to 1500

·
PIITB
395 Posts
Have you started it since then? Does it make laud noises like screeching, grinding, scraping, clunking, banging anything of that nature? I would check the intake system first to see if there is water in it. Then if you find nothing check for anything unusual. Check fluid levels and then I would recommend avoiding lakes in the future.

·
PIITB
395 Posts
Does it sound funny at idle? Like it sounds like its not running correctly/miss firing? Take a video of what you are describing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea water in the spark plug,thanks for all the help :). You guys have really helped me a lot in fixing this car thanks to all of you guys,if you guys are so-cal and ever need body work or paint let me know ill hook you guys up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts