ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my engine has recently just ate it. i was wondering where i can get a jdm engine or possibly a eunos engine from japan? Does anybody know anyone?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Why pay a premium for the "JDM" engine? Give CR.net sponsor Planet Miata a call to see what engines they have in stock. None of us know where you live since your profile is incomplete but if you're like me it can be tricky finding a Miata motor locally. Planet Miata is good people.

·
Registered
119 Posts
+1 more for planet miata steve over ther has always provided me with all the parts ive ever need. planet miata rules.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
my engine has recently just ate it. i was wondering where i can get a jdm engine or possibly a eunos engine from japan? Does anybody know anyone?
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that miatas where made in japan and came to the states on a boat? I mean, thats pretty JDM to me.

I agree with planet miata though. get one from them and with the money and time you save build it up...by the time its built a JDM one might just be making its way across in a box.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Also avoid new crate motors from Mazda- I've heard that they are not the same quality castings as they once were. The best route is a seasoned block and rebuild it from there. Expect about $3000 for a high quality rebuild (mius parts) or ~$1500 for a boneyard motor complete.

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
+1 more for planet miata. they will take care of you. I got my sweet LE interior swap from them

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
It's not like a Honda where Japan got some hot-shot Japan-only engine, a B6 or a BP is the same no matter where it came from (for the most part).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i could get a japanese domestic engine for my Miata for $550. it has around 55k miles on it though and have 6 weeks warranty after installation in case anything happens. OR i can rebuild my broken one for about $800+. which option is better? as in stability, liability, etc.? is it riskier to get the new engine (55k miles)?

thanks everyone for your responses!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts