ClubRoadster.net banner

Epic Roadsters - (Read the first post before responding!)

34K views 44 replies 36 participants last post by  –Mars– 
#1 ·
This thread may enlighten you to some great builds or phenomenal cars you may have missed. This may also end up being a good "sticky" to introduce folks to the possibilities.

Let's begin by defining the word.

Epic - extending beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope

So, no bull **** links, dumb ass pictures, or general stupid ****. No "Epic Fails". Likely this will be a rather short list as the word "Epic" describes. Miatas and MX-5s only bitches.

One Roadster per post. These Epic Roadsters deserve their own post, dont'cha think? Tell us why you think its epic. Just a few short, grammatically correct, well thought out reasons why you think it deserves the title of epic. If you post something like, ...cuz its the shizznit! Its so dope! It's sick, yo! Hella flush! I <3 Justin Beiber!, may your already small penis shrivel up and fall off.

No Repeats! Seriously. Read the damn thread, search the thread for key terms. Yeah, you can do that. It's above the post at the top of the page called "Search this thread". Use it before posting. Don't be a douche bag. No one want's to see Jimmy's Epic Roadster posted twenty times. No "+1" responses either. It's repetitive and unnecessary. I kindly ask the mods to delete repeats. Also, don't be the asshole that posts his own damn car. It's only epic if other people say so.

I shall start with one of my favorites. It's not just all the rare JDM swag he has. It's not the fact that he could have bought a Ferrari with the money he's spent. To be fair, it's partly because I was involved in the build myself and thoroughly enjoyed being a small part of it. Mostly because of the sheer dedication and unwavering vision of the owner. He has stuck through it thick and thin. Just when we all thought he was coming to the finish line he sets his aspirations even higher. Definitely worth the read from beginning to the most recent post.

Here it is.... Meet Scrat

See less See more
#4 ·
This car is just one of Many Miatae I consider to be epic.
This man didn't cut any corners when it came to re-working the Chassis, Engine, and interior of his vehicle.
He actually did lots of testing to see which combination of parts would yield the best gain, and I think the finished product is outstanding. In my opinion, his car is a perfect blend of form and function, and is very deserving of the title "Epic Roadster"

Quinn's ITB'd NB roadster build
Exterior:

Engine Bay :

Interior :

#6 ·
#8 · (Edited)
Took until post #8 to see Sharka? I'm disappointed.

Rev's build is FILLED with awesome documentation, great photography skills, and the car is gorgeous. No stone left unturned. Incredible attention to detail, and a great melding of retro (interior and exterior to a fashion), and modern tuning. (Turbo kit.)

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/89-roadster-projects/18571-sharka-build.html

Reactions: OnePaintedMan
#10 ·
#45 ·
Pitiful to see so many build threads gone bust due to image hosting sites being motherfuckers (like Ronin's) and sites dying.
So when you see a build thread you're enjoying, please archive it on web.archive.org.
Speaking of which...
Lester Seal's (Apex Engineering) 'spyder': http://www.apexautoeng.com/Projects_Spyder.htm
here is a (sorta) working link that doesn't take you to a "Little penis humiliation cams SPH chat". No, I'm not joking. It's not underlined. See for yourself.

#16 ·
#23 ·
Thanks for posting Creampuff : 3gears:

Call me biased because I have a hand (or more..) in this build, but Ryan's Turbo NA track car is one epic track rat.
Lots of out of the box thinking and unique custom touches, as in "one off, you won't find it on the shelf anywhere", should be very inspiring for everyone that enjoys tinkering with their track Miata.

#25 · (Edited)
Before this thread becomes a distant memory....... Here's my choice for epic roadster........ XCLR8TN

The beautifully classic sound of her LS6 tucked so tightly in that meticulously clean engine bay would make my panties drop if I wore any. The Summit digital dash is gloriously a view I still have wet dreams over. The attention to detail from the attachment of the NA/NC front end and the diffuser in the rear is a force to be reckoned with. I present to you, her 91 BRG LS6.......... The only reason worth visiting Ohio!!!!

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/89-roadster-projects/33687-91-brg-ls6-build.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.