ClubRoadster.net banner

Erebuni body kit - 1001 style

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Smoking 
#1 ·
Anyone know anything about the Erebuni's MAZDA MIATA MX5 Bug Eye Style v4.0 Body Kit #903
http://www.erebunicorp.com/ge/mazmiata.htm

Nose is similar to the 1001, but those tack-on flares look like HOS (hammered owl sh*t) to me... If the nose is decent quality, making it work without the flares might work...

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments?

See less See more
#2 ·
GHO 1001 nose is better looking, and not that expensive. Only thing to watch out for any of these noses is the size of the driving light required. The GHO 1001 nose uses some obscure Cibie made for Mazda, costing way too much. I've managed to source a decent quality alternative, but other noses may use other sizes.

#4 ·
The M2-1001 nose looks right. The Erebuni nose looks wrong. They appear similar at first glance given the fact that they both have a central, oval shaped radiator opening flanked by round driving lights. But if you compare the two more closely you will see that they are worlds apart. The proportions are all out of whack on the Erebuni nose. I wish it were just as simple as ordering an Erebuni nose but unfortunately for me, the only front end that really looks right to my eyes is the Garage Hundred One.

#5 ·
I just hit GHOs site, at the current exchange rate, $550 or so. Plus shipping to the US. Last time I asked Joe, about $300 for that. S2 is a little less for theirs, but shipping would still be the killer.

Someone in the US needs to make a good looking nose like these...

#7 ·
roadsternut said:
GHO 1001 nose is better looking, and not that expensive. Only thing to watch out for any of these noses is the size of the driving light required. The GHO 1001 nose uses some obscure Cibie made for Mazda, costing way too much. I've managed to source a decent quality alternative, but other noses may use other sizes.
Do you have a GHO1001 nose? Did you get it through RSpeed? I heard somebody bought one a while back- but I never found out who it was. I guess you must be the only person in the US with one! Have you posted any pics?

#8 ·
jesseclee said:
roadsternut said:
Do you have a GHO1001 nose? Did you get it through RSpeed? I heard somebody bought one a while back- but I never found out who it was. I guess you must be the only person in the US with one! Have you posted any pics?
Currently having it prepped and painted. I'm not in the US, having got it from www.mx5roadsters.com. Looking to get it fitted next month. The price on that website is a UK delivered price (I think around about a dozen were shipped via surface mail, to save costs, and they took a long time to through Russia :shock: ; they are still available, and I hear not too bad to ship to the US). Its not exactly the same as the 1001 nose; that was actually a add-on bonded onto the original nose. GHO made the original nose and used it as a mould.

I nearly brought a M2-1001 two years ago; probably the only one in the UK (though there is a S-Special going about that is an exact copy), but the car wasn't in great order mechanically, and had suffered serious chassis damage, and the vendor wouldn't shift on price. I passed, but always wished I had taken the plunge. 6 months later, I acquired a 96 Montego Blue S-Special, not a bad basis.

Just to wet your appetite:

#11 ·
Don't forget, you can claim back 17.5% VAT (UK sales tax).

I'm usually a tight wad when it comes to getting special parts for the car, but when I saw this, I just had to get it. Luckily, I should be able to get $300 back for my stock nose and type-B lip spoiler to lessen the financial blow. Oh, and the paintwork is being done at cost.....

So, do you think in Montego Blue, its going to look any good :p

#13 ·
Or $30 for Ring spots; the 1001 Cibies are 127mm; they are based on Cibie Tangos, the housing will take upto 140mm. Ring do a perfectly good lamp, with a choice of driving or fog lenses, diameter 115mm.

http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/pdf/Accessory Lighting 04.pdf

Even Tangos, which will fit fine, are cheaper than the Mazda part number lamps. And don't forget, after all this, these lamps sit behind a black rimmed perspex cover.

Given that these are not actually "real" 1001 bumpers, I don't see it as too much of a departure not to fit Cibies.

Bumper came from RS-Aizawa.

#15 ·
The 1001 bumper was actually just a bolt on to the original bumper; with the join filled in. When GHO started to make bumpers direct for public sale, they decided to make it all one piece. So in that sense, they are not the "real" 1001 bumper, although they follow the same general form.

#17 ·
#20 ·
I like the GHO M2-1001 nose so much. Meanwhile, S2 Racing's Zero nose is almost the same good looking except more aggressive mouth and functional holes for brakes but cheaper. Did anyone get S2 version? Will S2 version be considered ricy? Still couldn't decide which one to go for my future upgrade. Any suggestions or opinions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.