ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm Erik, I'm 18 and from Northern Cali. I bought my Miata last year in late September, before that I owned this Integra:

It was fun, but I eventually got tired of FWD and Automatic... so I sold it and in the same day bought what I had my eyes on, this trackday 1991 Miata from a guy in my town:

It came with Tokico struts, H&R springs, 15x8 6ULS w/ 225/45/15 Hankook Ventus RS2's, Autopower rollbar, cheap intake, Roadster Sport axleback exhaust, removes P/S + A/C, and a few more goodies..

Since the day I bought it, I have been working on it, making it suitable to my tastes. And I must say I've changed my mind on some things I've done. For example, I painted them black...

Realized it looked pretty bad, so

I painted them white.

Did the Home Depot side splitters.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Re: erikonetime's NA BRG Miata DD Buildup!

Not BRG but beautiful car still.

What's up with the crazy angles lol?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Got sick of the off-green cluster lights, so took that apart

After a few hours, got this result:

Wanted red but is a little orangey, still like it!

Got some Raceland headers

Changin' colors ;)

Starting of a somewhat shaved engine bay

Don't need this till my next smog check

Shaved down some seams, moved my fusebox back a little, taped off some stuff. rattle canned for now.

Ehh... Once I wiretuck, I'll respray/clear coat..

Sadly, I didn't like the way the Roadster Sport Axleback sounded...I feel like a baffling blew out. So I pulled it off and sold it.

Aaaaand all new piping for $100 by my buddy Scott at Minute Muffler. Don't judge, it sounds deeper and I actually like the look of it :p

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts

Exhaust looks pretty sweet. I like that it's one piece back to cat too. Reminds me of the exhaust I had on my NA.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The car used to be white, then was Maaco painted (I'm guessing) by the previous owner. Door jams are even white lol. What would you call this color? Forest green? In person it looks like a ripoff of BRG

·
Registered
945 Posts

JDM angle pictures

I liked the car better when you first bought it. Silver wheels, no decals, no cheap skirts, and no electrical tape on the headlights... electrical tape? .. come on, lol

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts

It's closer to Montego blue. Looks good though. If I were you, I'd get somepaint and to the door jambs, engine bay, and trunk.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

JDM angle pictures

I liked the car better when you first bought it. Silver wheels, no decals, no cheap skirts, and no electrical tape on the headlights... electrical tape? .. come on, lol
lol, I used to own a honda.. some of the taste in style stuck with me. I took the tape off awhile ago btw.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Here's Montego for reference. Keep up the good work. Just drop the Honda style lol .

·
Banned
179 Posts
I like the car man! Looks good

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Small update..
Installed a new wheel, it's not a Momo, I just took the horn button off of my legit one. This one is much smaller and doesn't have the top cut off lol

and after a quick wash

should be buying coilovers this Friday.. :D

·
Registered
123 Posts

lol, I used to own a honda.. some of the taste in style stuck with me. I took the tape off awhile ago btw.
i had been into hondas for years..... glad all the h-t stuff never caught on with me

i like the miata tho. looks **** tons better than mine:littlepony:

·
Registered
35 Posts
nice miata! looks like the steering wheel is still the typical honda guy steering wheel though haha. You should get a deep dish style steering wheel. That one looks like one of those cheap ebay ones.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts