ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious- is $200 shipped a good price for the Euro rear finisher panel? (with the long style euro license plate recess). What did other people pay for theirs?

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to gauge the used prices.

The new one is very expensive for sure. The US version also costs ~$380 if you buy it at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Prices I was seeing were in the 400 US range new, shipped.

200 would be a reasonable 1/2 price junkyard reduction.

I'd think it's "worth" 120-140 max to me, personally... but 200 is reasonably half of new.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...I'd think it's "worth" 120-140 max to me, personally... but 200 is reasonably half of new.
Actually you might not believe this, but the stock rear finisher panel fetches more than that on Ebay:

http://motors.search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=so&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=miata+(finish,finisher)&sacat=6000&catref=C6&fmmk=&fmmd=&fylo=&fyhi=&mppfqy=miata+(finish,finisher)&sargn=-1&saslc=2&sadis=200&fpos=95035&fis=2&sacqyop=ge&sacqy=&fsop=1&fsoo=1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

I just did a seearch on the completed items, a red one sold for $127+$34 shipping = $161 shipped. A STO edition one w/ the ugly blue-green color sold for $203+$20= $223 shipped!!!!!

Come to think of it, I think I'll buy this one for $200 and I'll sell my stock one on Ebay. I should be able to recouperate $120 out of it ;) and my actual price would only be ~$80 (+ painting$$ of course)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
They sell for so much used because it's cheaper than a new one, and the Spec guys trash them all the time. It seems that's one of the most common pieces to break, since it's not as flexible as the bumper. Bump drafting will do that.

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
They sell for so much used because it's cheaper than a new one, and the Spec guys trash them all the time. It seems that's one of the most common pieces to break, since it's not as flexible as the bumper. Bump drafting will do that.
Add this to the parts list that the "SPEC" guys have had the prices increase on.

Torsen's

Hardtops

Now finish plates.

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts
Thanks, but I'll keep hold of mine. My car is a Eunos, so it came with the square style rear plate like the Miatas, but I preferred the UK style one and luckily someone was selling it on a UK forum for £40. I still have my original Eunos one, although it is without it's number plate lights.

If I were trying to source another one, I'd look on the UK forums for adverts where people are scrapping cars or have loads of spare parts up for sale and most UK owners aren't aware of their desirability in the US.

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks! I'll keep an eye out

Bobai said:
Don't know about shipping costs, but il motorsport in germany appears to sell them for 155 euros.

http://www.ilmotorsport.de/shop/article_list.php5?depth=3&oid=289&show =true&PHPSESSID=fd499d2df0a107970909f00abcb25a64
Great find!!! Too bad the US dollar is in the dumps. 155 euros = $203 US. 50euros shipping=$66 US. Total=$269. Mmmmmm- should I buy used for $195 or new for $269 :?: :?: :?:

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts