ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a '94 R Package with a BP-Z3 swapped in and aftermarket engine management. In the process of adapting the fuel system, I removed the evaporative emissions system, or at least a good part of it.

Now that the car's running again, I've noticed a problem: It leaks fuel. If I cap the two hard lines associated with the system, all that happens is pressure builds up and it leaks at the fuel rail. That was obviously undesirable.

Primarily, I want the car to relieve pressure safely. Secondarily, I want it to not leak fuel or smell like gas. How do I accomplish this?

·
Registered
568 Posts
So I've got a '94 R Package with a BP-Z3 swapped in and aftermarket engine management. In the process of adapting the fuel system, I removed the evaporative emissions system, or at least a good part of it.

Now that the car's running again, I've noticed a problem: It leaks fuel. If I cap the two hard lines associated with the system, all that happens is pressure builds up and it leaks at the fuel rail. That was obviously undesirable.

Primarily, I want the car to relieve pressure safely. Secondarily, I want it to not leak fuel or smell like gas. How do I accomplish this?
Is it a bad pressure regulator?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a bad pressure regulator?
You mean the FPR? No, it's fine, and it's on a completely separate "circuit", so to speak, with it's own feed (high pressure off the fuel pump) and return lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts