ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my GTI I've owned for a few years is finally ready be sold. Got a guy picking it up this weekend for a pretty good sum of money. Time to find my first Miata! Not going to mod it in the style of my GTI for the most part, I need something that can be driven a bit harder. Too bad finding a clean NA in New England can be rough. Here are a few pics of my GTI :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn that was a sexy GTI dude, and welcome.

More and more dub owners coming over here haha
Still in my driveway, got a few more days left. Luckily it's going to a good home. Older guy who wants to raise it back up and put some nice BBS's on it and keep it in the garage except for weekends. Hopefully he drives it hard.

I can understand why they would though...Miatas are so much fun. I'd definitely keep my GTI, but I need RWD and I've been craving some convertible love.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys.

Somebody find me a clean NA, preferably an NA6 in mariner blue or red :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know much about VW's, but is that a MK2?! Freaking SIIIICKKKK

Cousin of mine has a Jetta MK3 has some pick up.

Welcome !
PS: Im new too hehe.
Yep, mk2 GTI 16v. Sold it Saturday after a few years of ownership. Not too upset...just finding a clean NA is hard. I checked one out today, a 1.6. Felt really slow compared to the others that I drove, but maybe it was the 16s or 17s that were on it. Also felt like it needed a tuneup, but almost mint body - for $3k, may be worth it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I used to be a huge VW fan myself (a long time ago), had a 91 GLi 16v and then an 87 GLi 8v (I put a weber on it). But like you said, not the most reliable cars. But they were easy to work on and parts were easy to get at the Vortex.

Welcome to your new addiction. I've only had my MX-5 for 2 months and I already hate myself for not getting one MUCH sooner. When I think of all the cash I've spent on my other cars that were MUCH LESS FUN to drive, I wanna stab myself lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts