ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
15,205 Posts
1) don't stack exhaust gaskets
2) the copper sealant doesn't work if you just kinda splurt it in the general direction of what you're trying to seal with your eyes closed.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Perhaps a dead cat?

Excessive back pressure caused by a collapsed cat core blowing the preceeding gaskets?
It'd run like **** and be bloody obvious if so.
Any symptoms other than dead passengers due to carbon monoxide poisoning?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ordered a replacement gasket with a two year warranty so at least when it goes again it won’t cost me any more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Perhaps a dead cat?

Excessive back pressure caused by a collapsed cat core blowing the preceeding gaskets?

It'd run like **** and be bloody obvious if so.

Any symptoms other than dead passengers due to carbon monoxide poisoning?

No other symptoms thanks and only lost 2 passengers so far but that was due to bump steer

·
Administrator
15,205 Posts
Ordered a replacement gasket with a two year warranty so at least when it goes again it won’t cost me any more money.

Make sure you remove ALL the gaskets you have in that location prior to installing the new one.

And put a straight edge over your flanges before installing new one as well. I'm pretty sure i see it warped just from pictures.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Make sure you remove ALL the gaskets you have in that location prior to installing the new one.

And put a straight edge over your flanges before installing new one as well. I'm pretty sure i see it warped just from pictures.

Will do thanks. I’ll let you know how I get on.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,691 Posts

Yeah...something stinks in that pic.

·
100% Jakedashian
6,719 Posts
Not sure how helpful this is but after my NA6s exhaust rusted to pieces and leaked everywhere I just dropped $150 on a test pipe and cheap """stainless""" header. Had to do some adjustments with an angle grinder but it more-or-less fit and didn't leak anymore and got me like +15 swag points.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Are you sure it blows out between the flanges? NA6 stock headers tend to leak right in the middle where the four pipes join. Honestly, I wouldn't bother trying to fix the leak and just replace the whole stock unit with a cheap header. Especially after reading your head shave thread and assuming you want to extract a bit of power out of the B6 anyway.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Are you sure it blows out between the flanges? NA6 stock headers tend to leak right in the middle where the four pipes join. Honestly, I wouldn't bother trying to fix the leak and just replace the whole stock unit with a cheap header. Especially after reading your head shave thread and assuming you want to extract a bit of power out of the B6 anyway.

Yeah definitely between the joints. Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Anyone come across GumGum before??
That’s my new plan just to temporarily fix the exhaust. I’ve got a new gasket plus GumGum. Fingers crossed for no leakages. Save some pennies for another exhaust

·
Administrator
15,205 Posts
Oh FFS.

In the amount of time you've spent trying to do this as many wrong ways as possible looking for a magic bullet on the internet, you could have had the damn thing off the car and flattened by now, and it would be working perfectly with an oem gasket.

****, i could have done it myself in the amount of time i've spent trying to guide you in these threads.

It's a track car. Do it right, or don't do it at all.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Oh FFS.

In the amount of time you've spent trying to do this as many wrong ways as possible looking for a magic bullet on the internet, you could have had the damn thing off the car and flattened by now, and it would be working perfectly with an oem gasket.

****, i could have done it myself in the amount of time i've spent trying to guide you in these threads.

I have flattened flanges so they butt up nice. This is just for piece of mind.

·
Administrator
15,205 Posts
If you have flat flanges, then don't use that stuff. It's not going to help or do anything productive in the context of flat flanges and the gasket that's meant to be used there. It can only cause problems.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,691 Posts
Oh FFS.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,691 Posts
Don't think that was a compliment. I was giving concealer an ultimately unnecessary encouragement for publicly washing his hands of you.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts