ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, maybe this has been discussed, i dunno, I didn't see anything, maybe I suck at searching. I looked through the what do you have on your car thread too.

What exhausts are available that don't have a tip aside fromt he RS*R. I like the larger outlet look. But I hate the whole stepped tip look. its so pepboys bolt on to me. I even hate the one on my 06 Civ c Si, and its stock! (ugly oval thing, the EX exhaust looks better haha).

The RS*R is cool except for the whole hanging insanely low thing and the lack of availability.

So, if anyone can think of a good bolt on set up that is liek this for a NB, let me know. If you don't, and there isn't, then I guess I'll go to a muffler shop. haha.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Many of the exhausts I see in Japan have a simple 90° bend after the muffler with no extra tips welded on: Car Make Corn's, Integral Kobe (Jet's), RS Factory Stage, etc. The final pipe is usually 3" polished stainless steel so the whole thing looks like a tip but it's smooth with no steps at all. I agree it looks nice. If you don't have an issue of HyperRev or Road&Ster I highly suggest you pick one up. Also, check out Carview for lots of different options.

·
'Bout dat life
4,106 Posts
I'm with racecarshots on this.

Those all seem to be great exhausts, but they would be expensive, no? Poor folk wouldnt be able to get their hands on something like that (not calling you poor rcs!) Is there anything similar to those, but stateside? and cheap?

or maybe i'll have to copy crimson mx5..i like his turn down.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
No, there is nothing stateside that's cheap, off-the-shelf, and fits your description. mrolo74 was going to make something similar but I think he had some personal issues and its development has been delayed indefinitely. You'll have to modify an existing exhaust system or get one custom fab'd. Burns Stainless has what you need.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
i think stateside the roadstersport has been the least offensive looking one that I have come across.
not mine either, tho I did just buy a bike muffler on ebay. I'm going to do mine a bit different, so I'm not COMPLETELY ripping off his idea.. lol.
center exit ftw?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm the enthuza is decent looking, and that one is REALLY light which is cool too! wonder if they have them available without the chrome tip. heh. but yeah, that's a good one thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hopefully I'll have my muffler finished this week, I'll post a pic when I do... if I get it done... Hopefully... because I melted a side marker housing with the way it's routed now...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts