ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing to get a new exhaust for my 90 NA which at the moment is naturally aspirated but i plan on going turbo next year. What i don't want to have to do is buy an exhaust for a NA and then have to take it off sell it and buy a turbo exhaust. Is there anyway around this? can i just change out parts of the NA exhaust to make it work with a turbo? or is buying an NA for now and then selling it the only route?
ANy info greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Marty

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
ok so get an exhaust with a resonator. If you really want to get quiet get the Tsudo exhaust, 2 mufflers and a resonator.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Using my Roadstersport RACE now, and when i get the turbo im still keepin it. It's 60mm (2.36 inches) I think it was a good compromise. I may miss the snarl/growl a lil bit when i get the turbo tho :( (Voodoo 2 planned)

-Jeremy

edit because i felt like it ;)

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
2.5" header back like mine :mrgreen: 2.5" Thrush glasspack into 2.5" Apexi muffler exiting on the driver's side.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had this problem too. The solution I came up with is put an exhaust on for a NA motor. When you do turbo the car, the smaller piping will hold a small amount of power back and creat a slightly longer spool up time. But, with the addition of all that extra power, you really wont care too much at the time. Then, when the effect of a turbo starts to wear off, you can change the exhaust for more power, quicker spool up, ect...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya that's pretty much what i came up with as well after talking to a few guys around here with turbo cars. I picked up the Magnaflow last week and so far its been good, a bit raspy at first but it's breaking in now and sounds alot better. Seems to be between 3-4000 rpm that it's the loudest. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts