ClubRoadster.net banner

441 - 460 of 461 Posts

·
Google me.
164 Posts
Looking at Lincoln Logs last two in-car videos...the spectrum (shown by octave here) shows where the differences exist. Yeah the RB is quieter.

(My very light DIY setup is about 3 dBA < RB using an RB resonated midpipe. It's at 5 pounds axle back using mild steel. )

·
Registered
653 Posts
Looking at Lincoln Logs last two in-car videos...the spectrum (shown by octave here) shows where the differences exist. Yeah the RB is quieter.

(My very light DIY setup is about 3 dBA < RB using an RB resonated midpipe. It's at 5 pounds axle back using mild steel. )
Little more data for you if you want. Video from the outside of the car with the Racing Beat header, test pipe, resonated Racing Beat midpipe and Power Pulse muffler on the Rotrex car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
2002 VVT motor with OBX header, Enthuza test pipe, RB resonated test pipe and RB single exit Power Pulse muffler.
GoPro with external mic at the rear bumper.

https://youtu.be/FmC9fMXcE2M
I'm hoping my roadstersport 3 will sound similar to this with my setup of a resonated Enthuza test pipe and racing beat header. The XR was waay too loud and boomy, almost like there was no muffler, so I'm hoping the RS3 will help with that.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
I'm hoping my roadstersport 3 will sound similar to this with my setup of a resonated Enthuza test pipe and racing beat header. The XR was waay too loud and boomy, almost like there was no muffler, so I'm hoping the RS3 will help with that.
Just re-read my post. I meant to say resonated RB mid pipe but I think most people caught that.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Ahhh my bad! Well, guess I'll just have to see what mine sounds like when I get it.
This still was Enthuza test pipe, but resonated RB midpipe.
Just to clarify.

·
Google me.
164 Posts
Little more data for you if you want. Video from the outside of the car with the Racing Beat header, test pipe, resonated Racing Beat midpipe and Power Pulse muffler on the Rotrex car.

I'm continuing to enjoy the uber-deep V8-deep sound of my light weight setup. Quieter than RB powerpulse...no drone at all (0.0000) and saves 15-20# of weight.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
I've been kicking around the idea of getting an enthuza test pipe. Did you notice any difference in exhaust tone/pitch after you installed it? I know some people do, but that doesn't hold true for everyone.
Obviously every exhaust is different but with my custom 2.5" ARTech Fabrication exhaust with Magnaflow 200 cell core high flow cat, 4"×18" Magnaflow resonator(aka straight thru muffler) and 5"×11"×22" Magnaflow dual outlet muffler it was a little deeper and a little quieter than with the current custom ARTech resonated test pipe w/ 2.5"×4"×14" Magnaflow resonator(using a Raceland header). IIRC, Abe said the difference in db between a test pipe and high flow cat was only about 3 db, obviously his exhaust pieces, and I believe that was 3" turbo exhaust.

Unfortunately no more burble or pops then before and Abe and I have concluded this is due to the huge muffler. Kind of wish I had gone with his normal 5"×8"×18" Magnaflow muffler. On the other hand I think it is quieter than my nb1 with Raceland header, RS3 midpipe w/high flow cat and Racing Beat power pulse muffler. It burbled and popped more than Warbird's custom ARTech exhaust. Not going to lie for the money and sound I still personally think the Racing Beat exhaust is one of the best OTS exhaust. Still need to make video of my ARTech exhaust.:cry:

·
100% Jakedashian
6,719 Posts
Flowmaster 60 Series Delta Flow. Stock manifold, cat, etc. just welded it in place of the stock muffler. Just audible from within the cabin, no drone, no buzz, no rasp, quieter than a stock ND exhaust but lets you know you're driving a sports car.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Flowmaster 60 Series Delta Flow. Stock manifold, cat, etc. just welded it in place of the stock muffler. Just audible from within the cabin, no drone, no buzz, no rasp, quieter than a stock ND exhaust but lets you know you're driving.
I have used 40 series Flowmaster on several 4 cylinders, both n/a and turbocharged and really like how it sounded. I think the 40 series would be deeper sounding. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I need to replace the axleback portion or my exhaust and dont want sound to be an issue at tracks so i am attempting to quiet it down a bit. I have a resonated test pipe on order and will be adding a stainless Series 10 Flowmaster muffler. Also considering having a pie cut turndown tip welded on to help direct sound away from the dreaded dB meters. I'll post video when i get it finished

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just thought i would post this. Ebay Longtube header, 2 inch custom test pipe, stock exhaust to a 3 inch glass pack, down to stock with a flex tip lmao

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
1.8 VVT motor with Rotrex supercharger which doesn't really change the tone, but it does make it louder.
OBX header
Enthuza ceramic cat
RB non resonated mid pipe
RB muffler

External Mic at rear bumper

External Mic inside cabin behind seats.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Heres my setup...a full roadstersport system (midpipe and muffler) along with a Racing Beat 4-2-1 header and a cat delete. One of the hangers is rubbing on the underside of the car, so I'm probably going to shave it down a bit. Sorry for vertical video lol.

441 - 460 of 461 Posts