ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I«ve talking to persons and they tell me that a complete SS line (header + cat-back)
Will raise the engine temperature.
Can someone tell me why?
And this happpen to some one?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
They removed the stock heat shield?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I noticed a change in the reading on my factory temp gauge after my racingbeat header install a while back (since moved on to turbo)

I would imagine it has something to do with the location of the temp sender in relation to the exhaust components....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already have a SS header and did,'t notice any temperature rise and next month will get a Larini system ( :D :D :D , will post clips).
I've been told by the company mecanic, and an exhaust fabricator not to do that.
That's odd because all performance exhaust are SS, thats why i dont understand.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
im wraping my headers. ive done it to the down pipes ive owned on different cars in the past and it works great. Only thing thats a no no is to wrap any of the exhaust components under the car.

When it rains, you dont want your heat wrap soaking in water on the hot exhaust pipes. Thats how pipe crack and bust over time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.