·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which style do you prefer?

CF...

or clear...

·
1,213 Posts
I'm not too sure on either really ... :?

either they are exposed or they aren't ... if you are wanting to make them visible then exposed doesn't cost anything :D the carbon one looks quite awkward ( like big bug eyes ) and the clear one looks a bit rice car show for me ... if you are wanting to adjust your cam wheels with these you will still have to remove them for access ... keep it pure

lightweight expensive CF cover for adjustable "exposed" cam wheels just doesn't make sense to me :roll:

sorry to be negative but I just think that nice functional and beautifully engineered parts like those cam wheels don't need tarted up with any carbon or polycarbonate fluff :lol: ... carbon or polycarbonate have their place, don't get me wrong I just don't think that it is there

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a MOPAR Viper NACA duct in my hood right in front of the exposed gears. Even though I have a 1/4" SS mesh grille in the opening, I figure when it's raining it's not a great idea to be blowing water all over the gears and belt.

FYI, here's the place that makes clear covers for Nissans:

http://autotechinteriors.com/products_lexiclear.php

I asked them about doing a GB and they told me they have a min. order of 100 pieces @ ~$70 + shipping each.

Anyone here have ~$7000 burning a hole in their pocket?

·
1,213 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My interest in the idea of a removable gear cover plate is not cosmetic (primarily). I want to run adjustable gears and a shaved valve cover (for access to adjust the gears). The removable cover would be for safety/cleanliness/access.

·
1,213 Posts
I realise that ... I am only kidding :)

I do think though that if you are going to cover them with something they have to quick release of some sort

1 - 14 of 14 Posts