ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered some Polk DB651's about a week ago after the woofer on my pass. side DB651 died. Or so it appeared...

I checked all the connections and everything was soldered shut, I assumed the pre-mature death was due to the lack of a rain shield when I first installed my DB651's.

A week later I'm still waiting for my speakers but I decided to turn up the volume to a Spoon song and voila, woofers came back.

So now I'm gunna have 2 sets of DB651's. I also have a low-budget 2-channel Kenwood amp waiting to get installed.

What should become of my extra coaxials? I've read threads about people installing parcel shelf speakers (btw, I have a HT-only miata) but I've never seen anything that looked good.

Without a 4 channel amp or a 2nd 2 channel amp, how would I even wire a second set of speakers? Would I wire the amp to my door speakers and then use the speaker leads that went to my headrest speakers (which are now gone because I've got aftermarket seats) to power my 2nd set of speakers?

Oh and btw I have an eclipse HU that has both front and rear RCA connectors, if that helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn't use the 2 channel amp for speakers because they are mainly for subs, if you are some what set on using the amp buy a noise cancellation to get rid of that ground noise, cheap amps have bad filters. I would wire the front speakers to the amp and use the deck to power your rears.

·
Registered
91 Posts
could the 4 channels from the eclipse HU power the two fronts and two rears (on the parcel shelf).... given that its a HT only vehicle, it would model a traditional 4 channel setup as you stated the headrest speakers are no longer relevant.

I'd also skip on the amp as well.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, I've just finished installing everything. 2 channel amp sounds fine.

My 2 extra coaxials were still giving me problems so I left them out. Not too sure where I would even mount extra speakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts