ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
excuse me, but those look like some ghetto ass itb's. the reason why "their competitors" do itb's for specific applications is because everything is different. would you put a universal camshaft in your engine? no, because it wouldn't work well, if at all.

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
excuse me, but those look like some ghetto ass itb's. the reason why "their competitors" do itb's for specific applications is because everything is different. would you put a universal camshaft in your engine? no, because it wouldn't work well, if at all.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but companies like Fuji Racing take their ITBs from corollas and make manifold that'll just fit the ITBs onto the engine.

I don't think they're ghetto. There are plenty of companies that offer ITBs like that one posted on M.net, and they're very track proven.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I personally dont care for this setup either. For now at least. If its made to be specific for our cars and works great, then maybe. Itll take plenty for me not consider the Fuji Itbs

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but companies like Fuji Racing take their ITBs from Corollas and make manifold that'll just fit the ITBs onto the engine.

I don't think they're ghetto. There are plenty of companies that offer ITBs like that one posted on M.net, and they're very track proven.
You are wrong. The Fuji Kit is NOT just something pieced together from Corolla AE111 throttle bodies.

The Fuji kit is based around the Japanese OER kit that was made for the Miata.

A-RF also sells the OER kit as theirs.

Fuji Racing IRTBs HAVE been track proven, both on the autocross track and the strip.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
And OER was originally the sole licensed distributor of Weber carburetors in Japan and have been involved in motorsports for a long time. They're a well respected company. If you look at an OER carb and a Weber carb side by side they're virtually identical.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but companies like Fuji Racing take their ITBs from Corollas and make manifold that'll just fit the ITBs onto the engine.

You are wrong. The Fuji Kit is NOT just something pieced together from Corolla AE111 throttle bodies.

Fuji Racing IRTBs HAVE been track proven, both on the autocross track and the strip.

way to offend a sponsor linh! haha. but i agree with you, most itb kits for the miata use corolla itbs, either off the 101 or 111, and i think fuji is one of em. doesnt make em bad, i plan on getting a fuji sometime soon.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
way to offend a sponsor linh! haha. but i agree with you, most itb kits for the miata use corolla itbs, either off the 101 or 111, and i think fuji is one of em. doesnt make em bad, i plan on getting a fuji sometime soon.
Sorry, but that's incorrect. The Fuji kits use OER throttles. The Jubiride kit uses Toyota throttles. OER <> Toyota. I'm can't remember what Maruha uses but they're cast as pairs.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Wow, I didn't realize there was so much misinformation out there! #-o

Jubiride is the only kit I've seen with Corolla throttles.

Kits that don't use Coralla throttles:
Fuji-Racing
Maruha
RS Aizawa
TWM

Am I missing any?

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts

I've been corrected. I didn't mean that the Fuji's weren't track proven, but the type that was posted on m.net are track proven.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If I read that correctly, they bolt to Weber DCOE flanges so you could probably attach them to a 45mm DCOE manifold. I think other kits look better, though, and leave a lot less guess work.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I think the DCOE spaced throttles for fuel injection were designed to make it easy for carburetor people to upgrade. It was also good for the intake manifold maker since they didn't have to make another manifold. However, the DCOE spacing is a compromise. Ideally, each throttle would have a straight shot right into the back side of the intake valve at the optimal angle and distance for any given application.

·
Registered
323 Posts
... However, the DCOE spacing is a compromise. Ideally, each throttle would have a straight shot right into the back side of the intake valve at the optimal angle and distance for any given application.
exactly how the twm kit for the miata was designed. our throttles are a one piece rather than dcoe style throttles matched to a manifold. on top of that our kit is specifically angled to give a straight shot at the intake valve. I'll try to build up a miata kit tomorrow and take pics, but I guess this will have to do for now...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, I didn't realize that the TWM throttle were spaced for the Miata engine; that is VERY impressive to me. Do you know how they match up angle wise with the 99+ head?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Wow, I didn't realize that the TWM throttle were spaced for the Miata engine; that is VERY impressive to me. Do you know how they match up angle wise with the 99+ head?
last I checked it's about a 45* angle or so ( very rough estimate ). I've been busy building v8 kits for roush racing, and i forgot to bring my camera, so I wasn't able to take any pics of the miata kit. hopefully tomorrow I'll bring my camera to work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It'd be much appreciated. I just spent some time on your site, good looking equipment. In a perfect world I'd run your throttles w/ Hydra ECU and RC 550 injectors. In an even perfecter world I'd have a stroked 12:1 compression motor!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would have to agree with twmboy, those do look pretty crude. I perfer a more refined product if I was going to purchase it. These bring to my mind, LEGO's. LOL!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts