ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:evil: :evil: :evil:

So I get out to my car this morning to go to work...what do I see? Broken glass. Ah f*ck me...

Passenger side window totally destroyed, CD Player gone, brand new 10" sub and amp stolen out of the trunk as well.

So, now I'm off work early, about to go drive 40 miles where the nearest used window is...there's 65$ down the drain, thanks f*ckheads.

This is the 2nd time my Miata has been messed with, first time some idiots decided they liked my moss motors CF mirrors better than I did, then decided it'd be funny to not unbolt them but rather rip them off the stalks and throw them around the parking lot.

Another car in the parking lot was hit last night as well, same story. Broken passenger side window, popped trunk, all audio stuff gone.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Yeah, people suck, I have had both mirrors kicked off, taillight cracked, headlight and drivers fender smashed, and my right side door and fender looks like a cheese grater with the amount of dents people have left in it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
**** man, I cant get any more pissed, this is now the 5th jacking ive heard of in 3 days, first my friend got his ssr's jacked, then my best friend got his whole system jacked, them his friend got jacked, then my other friend got his whole car jacked, and now you,**** this fucken blows, but Karma is a bitch,what goes around comes around, It's people like that, that kill the fun in tuning and working on are cars to do what we love. I can?t stress enough how important any type of anti car theft systems are.
Here in Vegas there has been alot of jackings, that?s one of the reasons why I don?t leave my car just anywhere. Has anyone tried putting gorilla guard wheel locks on the sportmax? Or any tuner hole rims? What type of anti theft systems do you guys have?

·
Registered
222 Posts
yeah, my accord was broken into last night also. they couldnt steal it so they stole another accord few houses down. this is getting ridiculious. most of these seem like crackheads, real thiefs would take te whole car.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Last november, mine got hit. I feel your pain. I lost my headunit, all my gauges, and my entire toolbox from the trunk.

You guys might have crackheads out there, we've got #[email protected]!ing tweakers out there.

I feel for you man, cost me ~3000 to break even. :(

·
CR.net Supporter
124 Posts
Last year i got hit, they cut my top and reach in the car and my alarm went off....cost me 5 bills to replace the top....luckly nothing was stolen.

I got the ungo SR6000 alarm with two way paging and the alarm was wired to my air horn......so it's really loud.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ok, with all of this talk of break-ins I'm getting a little nervious.

What anti-thft devices do you guys recomend? And does anyone know aything about the systems with the little remotes that tell you all sorts of stuff on the screen?

·
Registered
332 Posts
oh geez...i hate people that jack ****...especially when my car is always parked outside infront of my house...good thing my car looks stock..but i will be adding stuff on it soon...whats the best lug nuts that i can buy to prevent them from stealing my sport max's...AHHHHH...people need to get a job!

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Sorry Ben, things haven't been going well for you lately have they?

Ben lives in a apartment complex around the University, so theres a lot of punk kids hanging around.

A lot of times when i leave my car, i'll detach the faceplate and put it somewhere else (ex:trunk).

·
CR.net Supporter
124 Posts

What anti-thft devices do you guys recomend? And does anyone know aything about the systems with the little remotes that tell you all sorts of stuff on the screen?
Personally i got the UNGO SR6000 which is made by DEI, within half a mile radius if my alarm goes off i get a warning on my remote if the trunk, door is open or a impact.

clifford and viper will coming out with a new alarm which will be a mile radius.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
...I've never understood this. If you're a half-mile or a mile away from your car, are you really going to get to it in time?

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts

Microwave alarm, CCTV, a gallon of Pro-Plus and a crowbar....

Irish FM2 owner:

http://www.mx5ireland.com/members/frank/theft/2004Nov/CAM1File20041118023533001.Avi
http://www.mx5ireland.com/members/frank/theft/2004Nov/CAM1File20041118023806001.Avi

My first Roadster after the thieves had their way with it:

Yep, 15" Watanabes on that one.....

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Guess what, I can shoot a person breaking into my car in Florida and KILL THEM and not get jail time.

What do you think of that?

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
No sh*t....we can kill them and get away with it? sweet. Go Florida!

Where abouts in orlando are you? I could have sworn I saw your roadster the other day

1 - 20 of 50 Posts