ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a PS3, downloaded the playable demo of F2006 CE but it didn't look as good as I expected. I remember seeing the promotional video of the game it for some reason it looks better. Does anyone one know if the Full US version coming out in Feb 27 going to be better than the free downloadable demo?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Are you on 1080i? That makes a HUGE difference. I played it on my friend's HDTV and it was beautiful.
Yeah, right ... :) Do you believe they render in a 1080 frame buffer? ;)

And on top of that the PS3 doesn't have a hardware upscaler (unlike the more advanced X360) - so it relies on the TV to do the upscaling to 1080. But with upscaling you won't gain much beyond some blurring. Of course in some cases on old HDTV it can save you from dropping down to 480 resolution (what the PS3 does when the current render resolution is not supported from the TV as a valid transfer protocol)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I remember seeing the promotional video of the game it for some reason it looks better
Because the promotional videos and screenshots are usually touched to look much better than the game itself. Some (like the Killzone 2 and Motorstorm guys) even released a pre-rendered promotional videos which had nothing to do with the game engine - this is very typical for Sony - for the last 3 of years they've been spreading lots of lies and misinformation in a desperate move to move people's attention from Microsoft's X360

·
2,708 Posts
as far as i could tell, the ai is pretty good from the demo.. Takuma Sato took out like 6 cars.. :mrgreen:
I thought I was the only one that LOL when that happened,lol. So true...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I own a 360 but have played ps3 plenty of times, and the 360 isnt even on the same level as the ps3, maybe its just me. I should play something other than madden I guess.

·
Registered
280 Posts
J_man, you just won't quit huh? You have to ruin every PS3 thread huh? Enjoy your 360 and let it go man......let it go......seriously.
So I shouldn't comment on statement of yours that 1080i makes a "HUGE difference" which is obviously not true since the game doesn't support 1080 native ... ? =D>

And I shouldn't tell the original poster the real truth about promotional videos and screenshots vs the the real in-game? =D>

·
Registered
280 Posts
I own a 360 but have played ps3 plenty of times, and the 360 isnt even on the same level as the ps3, maybe its just me. I should play something other than madden I guess.
On PS3 you can get some more calculating horsepower on the SPUs and some games might have slightly better physics because of it. But graphically the X360 is better. So as an end result it is a wash - both consoles are similar. The PS3 has the BD drive so you can watch HD movies without buying an external drive.

From the developer side - X360 has much better tools and bigger install base so currently much less attention is paid on the PS3 versions of the multiplatform titles - thus many games are looking & playing better on the X360 vs the PS3. Most developers are just waiting to see if the PS3 will tank or not before spending much $$$$ on PS3 development.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I get it, J_man has stock in Microsoft. :p
Actually, J_man is a video game developer. not sure if he's made that apparent in other threads, but if there is anyone here with the background to evaluate gaming systems, I'd think it would be him.

I personally am skeptical of all the 1080i and 1080p claims of not only video game manufactures, but also of LCD suppliers.

I'll start another thread on it, but while we're on the subject, I'm curious how many people here have had exposure to both the Blue ray player in the PS3 and the HD DVD player attachment for the 360. I've heard the 360 attachment doesn't work all that well...

Matt

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am running it on 1080I. And sorry but I just have question on the F1 2006 CE on PS3 not PS3 vs 360. When 360 start making F1 games and Gran Turismo I will buy one. I bought the system for those 2 games pretty much, I don't really care who make the system. If 360 has them I would have bought a 360.

So about the promo vid vs the demo, the demo stated it was a work in progress at the first screen before the title. I just want to see if anyone played the full version (Japanese version) if it's any different visually from the demo thanks!

·
2,708 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
And on top of that the PS3 doesn't have a hardware upscaler (unlike the more advanced X360) - so it relies on the TV to do the upscaling to 1080. But with upscaling you won't gain much beyond some blurring. Of course in some cases on old HDTV it can save you from dropping down to 480 resolution (what the PS3 does when the current render resolution is not supported from the TV as a valid transfer protocol)
http://www.beyond3d.com/#news38000

1 - 20 of 37 Posts