ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this site on a 240sx forum and though you guys might be interested.
They make seats from Fiberglass, Carbon, and Kevlar, and yes, they are copies of Mugen and Bride seats (Zeta III iirc).
I sat in my buddy's Type 2 seat the other day (mounted in a S14) and it fit me very well from the shoulders down. Fairly comfy too. I drove the car around for a few hours and tested the diff we installed while he ragged on my Miata a bit. His is fiberglass, and is FIA approved (not that it means a whole lot).
I also took the seat out while we put new carpet in his car and I must say, it is probably one of the most rigid seats FRP seats I've seen, and pretty light. I consider it a good bang for the buck too (his was $275 shipped).

www.f1spec.com

Oh, and just for reference, I have a 32" waste and 32" inseam. And the measurements are listed in the gallery section.
In a few weeks (beginning of Feb.) we're going to put the seat in my car for a test fit (bolted to brackets, no sliders) before I order one.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
I was always wondering about their seats. The prices are pretty good and if you are a Honda-tech member they give you a 10% discount. I am pretty sure that they will still give you the discount even though it says it ends on 1/1/07

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1514725

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Those have been for sale on eBay long time. I don't know how the prices on eBay compare to the sale prices listed on the f1spec website but the price is very cheap either way. I wish I had the money to purchase some for experimentation.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really?
Wow, maybe I should shop Ebay more often....oh wait, I don't have any money either.

edit: Just check Ebay. Those are not the same seats....plus they're only $85 or so....lol

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
f1spec markets both Recaro SPG and Spoon Sports replica seats just like MemoryFab does. The one I just saw on eBay was the f1spec Type 1 "SPG style" for $510/pr. shipped.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
^^ Freedomgli is correct because I remember seeing them as well. I looked today and saw those 85.00 hunks of crap. Those definately were not the f1 spec seat auctions that were on there before.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, that would be the difference. I typed "F1 spec" in the search bar, not "F1spec"....lol Technicalities....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts