ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's everyone rooting for this weekend at Catalunya? Kimi all the way for me.

FORZA FERRARI!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
meh, i really like kimi, but i hate rooting for ferrari.

i'd like to see the hometown hero win.
hate rooting for ferrari? ouch. alonso isn't a hometown hero in catalunya. he only wishes he was catalan, like dani pedrosa.

now i'm just picking on people because im offended. lol!

we'd all love lewis hamilton snatch his first victory, but only time will tell if he'll be able to put it all together this year or not. nonetheless, truly an all time great in the making.

cheers

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
How could you not have at least some love for Ferrari? I mean, who else does their own chassis, their own engines, etc. ?

As for whom I'm rooting for, can't really say because I have a hard time following the races...I don't have TV (I refuse to pay exuberant amounts of money for rediculous stations that I will never watch just so that I can get Speed channel...and even then, I hate NASCAR :evil: )

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in regards to that, luv2turn, i will be sure to post the finishing order of every race this year on this site. lol. keep u up to date!

·
2,708 Posts
How could you not have at least some love for Ferrari? I mean, who else does their own chassis, their own engines, etc. ?
Umm..HONDA? And Toyota spends the biggest bucks, with the least results,haha.

I've always rooted for Honda since the Senna and Prost days, and always will, although they make me want to punch babies lately.

It'd be nice to see Honda at the top again, but who knows. Keep in mind Honda is pretty unique in that they send rookie engineers, designers and technicians, let me repeat, rookies, and they work in cycles on the F1 team before being sent back to Japan to work on more exciting projects like cup-holders, or hopefully, the next NSX. (Keep in mind that the past personel that worked on the F1 team in the mid-late 80's gave us the NSX and the "Type R" nomenclature) Other teams just hire the best they can get with whatever budget they have. Winning, of course, is the ultimate goal, but Honda is also using this oppurnunity to inspire it's employees and I definelty give them credit for keepin' it "in the family".

But they still suck,lol.

My Plan B is wanting Alonso to win.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
okok fellas, let me explain. i dont like to root for the top dog. and usually, that's ferrari. it's not like i dont have the utmost respect for the team and what it's done (including all its done for F1), but let's face it, they're the perennial favorites.

and that, in a nutshell, is why i cant root for ferrari.

the last few years, renault and mclaren put up good fights (with renault winning, obviously). but at the end of the day, ferrari is still a better bet... so i root for the other guy.

i too am always hoping for a good showing from honda as well. but, well, that's all i need to say about that.

even though alonso is not catalan, it's still his "home" GP. i like to see the hometown boy win at home.

a side note, when michael was still driving, i always rooted for ralf. i felt bad for the fella, he's like the embarrassing retarded little brother nobody ever talks about. :D (hope i didnt offend anyone there)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Now, I must say, I'm not exactly up-to-date on F1 things....but isn't it BAR-Honda? So, technically, Honda wouldn't be completely on it's on in things? Like Sauber-Petronas, Williams-BMW, etc. etc.

With Ferrari it's always just...Ferrari...know what I mean?

On a complete sidenote, a while back I was at the Sauber-Petronas HQ. Cool place, I must say. And I think that some of the things I saw and touched...I believe other F1 teams would have paid money to do the same :)

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Now, I must say, I'm not exactly up-to-date on F1 things....but isn't it BAR-Honda? So, technically, Honda wouldn't be completely on it's on in things? Like Sauber-Petronas, Williams-BMW, etc. etc.

With Ferrari it's always just...Ferrari...know what I mean?

On a complete sidenote, a while back I was at the Sauber-Petronas HQ. Cool place, I must say. And I think that some of the things I saw and touched...I believe other F1 teams would have paid money to do the same :)
Technically Ferrari is Fiat, with a host of Chinese companies waiting to buy them out, as the parent company is broke.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It will be interesting to see if Hamilton outdoes Fernando at his home GP. I hope Renault get back up in front.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts