ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to look into doing an F20C swap on my na. i heard its been done a couple of times. any info helps. it would be great if i got in contact with the ppl that have done it before. wat price range am i looking at? where can i get the drive shaft adaptor and motor mounts needed? where can i go to get the work done if i cant do it on my own? any help is apprecited thanks

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
$6,000-$20,000+ depending on how much work you do yourself and how nice you want it to be. Motor mounts must be custom fabricated. If you can't do the fabrication on your own you need to find a trusted shop that is willing to do such an extreme swap. Most shops aren't willing to deal with the headaches. Where do you live? Are you willing to ship your car across country to get this done?

·
Mufasa in Training
31,094 Posts
i want to look into doing an F20C swap on my na. i heard its been done a couple of times. any info helps. it would be great if i got in contact with the ppl that have done it before. wat price range am i looking at? where can i get the drive shaft adaptor and motor mounts needed? where can i go to get the work done if i cant do it on my own? any help is apprecited thanks
Only two people have done it that anyone knows of. VtecMX5 is here on CR.n and on Miata.net. Brian Torik of Cincinnati has long since sold his car, and no one seems to know where or to whom it was sold.

I'd ask them. Here is VtecMX5's profile on CR.n.[/url]

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think I remember the rebuttle on m.net.. you can save yourself tons of scratch and get better performance out of just doing a simple turbo bolt on.
I <3 honda motors just like the next man.. I used to own a type-r integra.. but this swap unless a project "you're" dying to do isn't really worth it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i do it id like to keep it local or within cali. i live in southern cali in the inland empire

thanks for the info bryan

im still playing around with the idea. i know turbo is cheaper. i was just looking for info on it. price and stuff. it seems like a really good idea.

thanks again if i do, do the swap u know youll hear about it.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Not to discourage you, but there are a lot of dreamers out there. TV shows and magazines make it look easy but any engine swap is PITA, let alone a swap from another car. Now that we know you live in California you'll have to figure out how to deal with CARB and registration. Many of the considerations are the same regardless of the engine being swapped in. In fact, an S2000 may be slightly more difficult than a V8 because no kits exist to help reduce the amount of custom fabrication needed. The engine will physically fit. It's everything else that's challenging. Plan on your car being off the road for about a year if you have a full-time job and are doing this project yourself. If you're made of money it could probably be done in about a month assuming you could find a shop willing to do the work and jump to the front of the line ahead of all other customers. Some of that time will be spent sourcing parts which you'll need to do before custom fabrication can begin.

Miata.net has a wonderful engine swap forum with lots of information. We're such a young forum there isn't much technical information on swaps here yet. If you do ever do go this route take lots of pics, keep a journal, and keep us updated often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts